• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

WTB: Venezuelan parts or kit.

Marlin781

Contributor
FALaholic #
Looking to do a Venezuelan build. A kit would be ideal but I know we're not talking about an Imbel kit here so I'm open to correct parts as well. (E.g.. Diopter sights, FH, type A lower etc.) Original parts if possible but (for example) one of the flash hiders Dr. Shock did some years back is fine too. Let me know please if you have something you're willing to part with. Thanks.

Tattered

Registered FAL offender
Contributor
FALaholic #
As far as I'm aware the only original Venezuelan specific parts to be found around here are the diopter sight and flash hider. Obviously you can fill in much of it with FN parts as that's what they would have been anyway, but the wood you'll probably need to get from Flypaper. The original barrels are 7mm so you'd have to have one made or live with a 7.62 barrel. I wish you best of luck. They're a neat build.

Marlin781

Contributor
FALaholic #
As far as I'm aware the only original Venezuelan specific parts to be found around here are the diopter sight and flash hider. Obviously you can fill in much of it with FN parts as that's what they would have been anyway, but the wood you'll probably need to get from Flypaper. The original barrels are 7mm so you'd have to have one made or live with a 7.62 barrel. I wish you best of luck. They're a neat build.
Thanks for the insights. I know I've seen some diopter sights go through the MP recently. I'm probably going to stick to 7.62 caliber since I would like to shoot it from time to time.

C2A1

Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
Just FYI, I know where a 7mm liviano barrel is ( or at least was a few months ago).
Building an early ( figure 161 page 230) or a later version (figure 164 page 231)?

Last edited:

Marlin781

Contributor
FALaholic #
Just FYI, I know where a 7mm liviano barrel is ( or at least was a few months ago).
Building an early ( figure 161 page 230) or a later version (figure 164 page 231)?
I'm looking to do an early version and am not against going with the 7mm Liviano either. That would be very cool.

raexcct2

Gimp Ex-CCT
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
EDIT: I did an internet search for the flash hider that I had bought here on the FAL FILES as a repro Venenzuelan flash hider and it turns out that it was made by Moses NOT DR. Shock.

Here's the duckduckgo search that I did and you'll see it was sold by Moses. Unfortunately, the original WTS thread has been deleted.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Venenzuelan+FN+FAL+flash+hider&iax=images&ia=images&iai=http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5105/5548670489_31f135ff83_z.jpg

1667934408972.png

I guess even today I learned something knew. Apologies to the original poster. I guess this flash hider will go onto the Marketplace eventually.

IMG_20221108_014312462_BURST000_COVER.jpg

Last edited:

The Chief

Farkën Snêekee Bastïtch
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
EDIT: Here's some pictures of the flash hider that I bought from Dr. Shock as a Venezuelan flash hider. No knock on Dr. Shock as a mistake could have been easily made and I got shipped the wrong flash hider but just didn't catch it.

EDIT: I have heard from several members that this is not a reproduction Venezuelan flash hider as the original should have it's prongs straight without the twist.

I bought this from Dr. Shock years ago as a Venezuelan repro flash hider and kept it iny parts box (marked as a Venezuelan flash hider) when I decided to forego the Venezuelan clone and build a Paraguayan clone instead.

I guess even today I learned something knew. Apologies to the original poster. I guess this flash hider will go onto the Marketplace once I definitely find out what it is.

View attachment 243232

View attachment 243233

View attachment 243234

View attachment 243235

View attachment 243231

Vennie are 3-prong:

Flash hiders 009_zpsbg1ivqxe.jpg

Marlin781

Contributor
FALaholic #
EDIT: Here's some pictures of the flash hider that I bought from Dr. Shock as a Venezuelan flash hider. No knock on Dr. Shock as a mistake could have been easily made and I got shipped the wrong flash hider but just didn't catch it.

EDIT: I have heard from several members that this is not a reproduction Venezuelan flash hider as the original should have it's prongs straight without the twist.

I bought this from Dr. Shock years ago as a Venezuelan repro flash hider and kept it iny parts box (marked as a Venezuelan flash hider) when I decided to forego the Venezuelan clone and build a Paraguayan clone instead.

I guess even today I learned something knew. Apologies to the original poster. I guess this flash hider will go onto the Marketplace once I definitely find out what it is.

View attachment 243232

View attachment 243233

View attachment 243234

View attachment 243235

View attachment 243231
No worries at all RAEXCCT2. I appreciate the attempt to help on this build project. I think we're all still learning here to one extent or another.

Chief: thanks for the pic too.

raexcct2

Gimp Ex-CCT
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
No worries at all RAEXCCT2. I appreciate the attempt to help on this build project. I think we're all still learning here to one extent or another.

Chief: thanks for the pic too.
I edited my original post as it turns out the flash hider was made by FAL FILES member Moses not Dr. Shock. Too bad the original WTS thread by Moses has been deleted.

raexcct2

Gimp Ex-CCT
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Somebody says my name 3 times and I appear.. I do have a couple Venny FHs left if you need one. They are like the one The Chief posted. Hectors pic isnt mine.
Dr. Shock, my flash hider was actually made by Moses and turned out to be wrong for the Venezuelan variant so I guess I am another one of Moses unsatisfied customers.