• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Worthwhile AUG upgrades??

Colts4me

Banned
FALaholic #
I have a Tavor too and put a Timney trigger in it. Still working at the right optics for it. I have a MRO on it but not liking it.

Timney trigger brought the Tavor about equal to my Aug.

moonbat60

FALaholic #
I have a Tavor too and put a Timney trigger in it. Still working at the right optics for it. I have a MRO on it but not liking it.

Timney trigger brought the Tavor about equal to my Aug.
I think that a .223 like that would shine much more with a small riflescope than with a regular red dot.

An ACOG would be ok too.

Colts4me

Banned
FALaholic #
I think that a .223 like that would shine much more with a small riflescope than with a regular red dot.

An ACOG would be ok too.
I put an Acog on my AR15, its my favorite optic. Sometime this summer I will buy another one. I have been slow about changes because the Tavor is taking time to get used to. Hated the trigger and it had to go. The MRO red dot made me realize all red dots are not equal

moonbat60

FALaholic #
I put an Acog on my AR15, its my favorite optic. Sometime this summer I will buy another one. I have been slow about changes because the Tavor is taking time to get used to. Hated the trigger and it had to go. The MRO red dot made me realize all red dots are not equal
I know that they are not.

I like red dots on short range weapons, such as pistols, submachine guns and shotguns.

As I am somewhat of a cheapo, most of my red dots are Bushnell TRS-25's.

Colts4me

Banned
FALaholic #
I know that they are not.

I like red dots on short range weapons, such as pistols, submachine guns and shotguns.

As I am somewhat of a cheapo, most of my red dots are Bushnell TRS-25's.
When you get old like me there are some electronic red dots that double up a stigmatized. With all the brightness settings I only have two that I can use. Can't see it with too much sun and too low a setting I can't see it.

I went to a leupold fire dot for a reticle with a red dot I can turn on for my Aug. I like it but it's big and heavy with the cheap mount I bought. Needs a light quick detach but now has a leupold mount.

It's fun with stuff to mess with. :)

Colts4me

Banned
FALaholic #
Not sure if they still make mine but they offer it in other models.

Mine was about $600 so the prices have gone up.

Douglas S Graham

FALaholic #
Not yet, the weather here sucks, muddy as hell in my backyard. I might try today, once I observe conditions. Getting close to purchasing number 2!!!! Pretty sure I am going with an ACOG on this one.

OMCHamlin

FALaholic #
Friend of mine just showed me his with a very low mounted IOR Valdada 4x24, looked nice but maybe too low of a mount. All I did on my black NATO variant was a deflector, sear (installed by the manufacturer to ensure drop safe integrity) and on the top rail of the Steyr 3X, a very low profile BUIS consisting of picatinny clamps that accept Glock “iron” sights. I have an extra length USGI web sling on it for now. I’d sure like to stumble into a longer 24” barrel for it.

ROBNTX

FALaholic #
Friend of mine just showed me his with a very low mounted IOR Valdada 4x24, looked nice but maybe too low of a mount. All I did on my black NATO variant was a deflector, sear (installed by the manufacturer to ensure drop safe integrity) and on the top rail of the Steyr 3X, a very low profile BUIS consisting of picatinny clamps that accept Glock “iron” sights. I have an extra length USGI web sling on it for now. I’d sure like to stumble into a longer 24” barrel for it.
Any pictures of that setup?

Colts4me

Banned
FALaholic #
I haven't had enough experience with mine to know how well the mags hold up so I bought more. Since it's Aug mags I doubt they will always be easy to find.

Magpul runs OK in mine but I haven't run them a lot. At $19 I can buy more for the same money and I will use the magpul now the most.