• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Worthwhile AUG upgrades??

Colts4me

Banned
FALaholic #
After the Leupold scope the only real improvement was a Blue Force sling. reversed the rear pin and the sling holds the gun in perfect place for me. Hated spending $50 but really like it now.

moonbat60

FALaholic #
In my opinion, it's fine as it is, shy of picking decent optics, or if you're gonna suppress it.

You can however find an ejection port cover without those hideous instructions on it. I think they only come in green, or if ya wanna add a bayonet lug.
All my battle rifles carry bayonet lugs as originally intended.

I was trained in using the pig sticker, and I see a purpose for them.

moonbat60

FALaholic #
Douglas, are you thinking about changing the muzzle device like I did on mine?

The Manticore is really great for the price, and you can still use a bayonet.

I like bayonets...........cold steel in certain situations is hard to beat.

1feral1

RAEME Fitter-Armourer
Contributor
FALaholic #
Canuck/Australian 'import' live'n in Merrimack, NH
What is our resident Aussie / Canadian import from NH's take?

Case deflector, yes or no?
Personal preference.

I don't use one and ya, there are a some deflecting nicks from spent brass rear of the ejection port, but for me, it just adds character to my beast.

In a corny sort of way, I like to keep it stock, as I carried it in my time in. We had the option of optics type. In Iraq, our Q-store had two alternatives. At our Unit, you could go the stock ADI 1.5X, Elcan Wildcat (C79), or EOTECH 552. Later deployments had more options depending on your Unit. REMF Units in the MEAO from what I understand, had the ADI optics only. These were serial matched to the rifle.

Douglas S Graham

FALaholic #
Not changing the FH. , I like the way it looks, LOL. And, I try to keep my guns pristine, so yes for the case deflector. Got the flashlight with pressure switch in FDE, so , brown everywhere. I LOVE this outfit. Will be buying another AUG soon!!!

1feral1

RAEME Fitter-Armourer
Contributor
FALaholic #
Canuck/Australian 'import' live'n in Merrimack, NH
There is one for sale here in Merrimack NH, preloved. Original mag config, green stock assy, black butt plate and trigger, traditional flash supp for $1776. The shop is called Northeast Munitions, they have a website, and it's listed there.

I see then rifle last week when I popped in for a visit.