• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Where to get a hold of PLCE components here in US?

Rustycelt

FALaholic #
Good evening,
Do any of you gentlemen know of any place here in the States where I can get a hold of some English PLCE components in DPM and/or MTP ? I have a dpm belt, yoke and a few pouches - looking for a couple of water bottle pouches in the same pattern. Also looking to get a hold of a set in MTP pattern.
I do ebay on occasion but I don't buy anything from overseas. If anybody's looking to get a basic PLCE set here's where I got mine https://www.budk.com/Great-Britain-Military-Surplus-Harness-And-Gear-Ba-49842. Other than that I haven't been able to find anything else here in the states. Or if somebody has some stuff they'd be into selling shoot me a pm. Apologies to the mod if this is more of a marketplace question, feel free to move posting if so desired.

Thanks

DrBaboon

FALaholic #
Sportsman's Guide has had some British surplus, including DPM PLCE over the years. It comes and goes, of course.

Once upon a time, they had some pouches that fit L1A1 magazines, pre DPM I think.

When I clicked British Surplus in the menu on the side, only this item appeared: https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/british-military-surplus-rucksack-used?a=961646

However, when I put "DPM" into the search, 30 items appeared, including 9 Dutch surplus items that might or might not be interesting to members. There are also 4 DPMS compatible magazines that show up because of "DPM." And one Romanian parka. So that's a good many British items (regular DPM and desert), even if not exactly what you are seeking. Seriously, don't overlook the Dutch surplus. Be creative, persist. The people putting items into categories might not put enough different identifiers on it to make it come up in a search.

Shop early. Persist. Who knows what will show up eventually.

Found a zip off medical pack in DPM ages ago someplace. Haven't seen one recently. Like I said, stuff comes and goes.

I haven't looked at Major Surplus in ages, your post got me to look. They had DPM in the past.

As of today, they have at least these 2 DPM items (but not what you seek): https://majorsurplus.com/british-plce-dpm-camo-rucksack-used.html

Part of my post was for other members who are reading. Part of it was for you, in case other items are interesting, or if you eventually find other items.

Like any army, the selling off of surplus has cycles.

Rustycelt

FALaholic #
Sportsman's Guide has had some British surplus, including DPM PLCE over the years. It comes and goes, of course.

Once upon a time, they had some pouches that fit L1A1 magazines, pre DPM I think.

When I clicked British Surplus in the menu on the side, only this item appeared: https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/british-military-surplus-rucksack-used?a=961646

However, when I put "DPM" into the search, 30 items appeared, including 9 Dutch surplus items that might or might not be interesting to members. There are also 4 DPMS compatible magazines that show up because of "DPM." And one Romanian parka. So that's a good many British items (regular DPM and desert), even if not exactly what you are seeking. Seriously, don't overlook the Dutch surplus. Be creative, persist. The people putting items into categories might not put enough different identifiers on it to make it come up in a search.

Shop early. Persist. Who knows what will show up eventually.

Found a zip off medical pack in DPM ages ago someplace. Haven't seen one recently. Like I said, stuff comes and goes.

I haven't looked at Major Surplus in ages, your post got me to look. They had DPM in the past.

As of today, they have at least these 2 DPM items (but not what you seek): https://majorsurplus.com/british-plce-dpm-camo-rucksack-used.html

Part of my post was for other members who are reading. Part of it was for you, in case other items are interesting, or if you eventually find other items.

Like any army, the selling off of surplus has cycles.
Thanks,
Appreciate the effort you went through putting all that out there sir. Yeah I seem to remember 2010ish there was a big influx of brit surplus here in states ( probably switching over to mtp pattern).
DPM ruck is tempting at that price, might just get one. Can't be any worse than the large ALICE - love and hate that thing at the same time.
Once went to a surplus store that had a ton of British desert stuff in one corner, I kick myself now for not getting anything more than a smock.
Anyways appreciate your efforts