• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

What is everyone on here carrying these days?

1Pipefitter

FALaholic #
20240318_145228.jpg
Depending on my attire , and/or mood I'm in, one of these three. Wintertime with big hoodie, or sweatshirt, P09. Tee shirt and jeans, P10C. Cargo shorts and tank top, P10S.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Had to drive up to the Fort yesterday, can't take weapons on the Fort,,,,

glock 22 converted to 357 Sig

Glock 19, ported, 9mm

AK bayonet, sharp as a razor, in case either jam up and stop working or if I need a set of wire cutters!

001.JPG

Bought a new set of Glock night sights, now can't remember what pistol they were to go on.:)LOL

SmokeEater2

Contributor
FALaholic #
Since the hot humid sweaty summer weather is arriving here I've switched over from the 1911's to an old Gen 3 Glock 26. Just a light wipe down with Ballistol every so often and it's good to go.

sharps74

FALaholic #
If I'm doing concealed, I'll carry my Para Ordnance LDA TAC-5 45ACP. If I'm open carrying it's hidden away and my Cimarron Thunderer in 44 special is on my belt.

brunop

Refresh Key Masher
Staff member
Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
I've been carrying Mexican with an empty chamber since I was 19 - and I mean carrying every single day because I was carrying a lot of cash, bullion, and diamonds.

I'm still carrying Mexican: i've got a buncha holsters that I"ve tried over the years, and I can't find one that is better than 'no holster' at concealment. Speed of draw and consistency of presentation? Yeah - holster wins hands down. I'm trying to not get caught or suspected, first. Then I'll shoot when no one is thinking it's coming from me.

Glock 17 - appendix
Benchmade Axis lock auto-opener. Or another knife. I rotate these because I like them all. Plus a Bic lighter - front right
i-Phone - back right
keys - back left
wallet - front left

Don't tell the cops or the bad guys, please.

hagar

FALaholic #
Totally agree with the messican carry, I have Iwb holsters but never liked them. Been doing that since 1978, never had an AD. And the Ruger Max9 is the perfect pistol to do that with.

tac-40

Moderator, Armed Curmudgeon
Staff member
FALaholic #
25+ years of carrying in a duty holster, the muscle memory is deeply ingrained. So all of my carry now is belt holster just forward of the point of my hip. Back in the last century just after becoming a cop, I was in a situation where I needed to draw my Model 10 rapidly and most expiditiously. Did I mention I had to do a fast draw? I had maybe 6 months practice wearing that rig and even less of drawing it. However, I had been competing in USPSA/IPSC matches for the last 15 years and had all of the most modern high speed low drag holsters of the time. Unfortunately, the draw motion of my competition holster was unlock up then draw forward. For my duty rig it was unlock forward then draw up. That draw from my duty holster was the longest hour of my life up till then. I could not get the gun out, AT ALL.

What I had practiced the most came into play when the stress levels were up to the max and I needed to react. From that point on, all of my holsters had the exact same draw techniques. When we went to level 2 holsters on the job, so did my competition holsters. The lesson from this not short story is this - you do what you practice when the SHTF.

tac-40

Moderator, Armed Curmudgeon
Staff member
FALaholic #
What do you usually ccw Tac?
Back in the day, I carried a G30 off duty and a G21 on duty. My bug was a S&W Shield Pro Shop in .45ACP. Once I retired I carried a mix and finally settled on a CZ 75BD as my carry pistol. My new SA P35 is also a modern contender. It carries well and I qualified with it this year. I am quite large, 6'4" 260, so hiding a large frame is no issue.

Story

FALaholic #
Got a deal that was too good to pass up on a 1989-vintage 37-1 Airweight. DAO and hammer has been bobbed as you can see. Have a set of factory J-frame wood grips en route. I rarely carry them but I do love a J-frame 😍
View attachment 419380
Your new avatar awaits.