• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Vintage Ammo ID

squid8286

FALaholic #
I thought this belonged here more than the ammo section. I bought seven boxes of this stuff back in the late 80s to go with a 1934 dated Radom WZ 29 Polish Mauser (which I still have.) Is this Polish 8mm from just before the war? The boxes came out of a larger metal crate. If I recall correctly, the crate had wooden ends on it. 15 rounds to each to these boxes, with every five separated by a brown piece of paper. Is it worth anything? If it goes with the rifle, it would be pretty cool. Polish stuff is sort of rare. I just don't know if that is what this is. Looks like the Polish eagle in the top left hand corner. I can't read Polish! Anybody know any more about this? Thanks.

Attachments:

Last edited:

squid8286

FALaholic #
Yep, I believe that is right. I put the thread on the Gunboards Forums, and several people chimed in that it is Polish 8mm. Thanks for the response! I am gonna put up some pics of the rifle next time I pull it out of the safe. It is an all-matching rifle with the Polish crest on the receiver. No Nazi waffenampts on it. I wish it could tell where it has been.