• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Toyota Tacoma: 2023 or 2024 model?

kentuckyMarksman

FALaholic #
considering buying a 4runner in the next year or so.

Any feedback on the V8 ones from 2003 until a few years later. Just a short run of them V8s for 4-5 years I think

I always heard the 4 banger 22r was much better than the V6 but from comments here it seems as though the V6 is better
The V8 being the 4.7L? Got one in my Tundra. Fantastic motor.

SWOHFAL

FALaholic #

Any feedback on the V8 ones from 2003 until a few years later. Just a short run of them V8s for 4-5 years I think

I always heard the 4 banger 22r was much better than the V6 but from comments here it seems as though the V6 is better
Probably because it has more power, not better reliability.

SWOHFAL

FALaholic #

Consider the first gen Lexus GX - 4.7L engine in what is a Land Cruiser Prado.

Falcon

Contributor
FALaholic #
Toyota Recalls Certain 2022 and 2023 Toyota Tacoma Trucks

Welding debris left on the ends of the rear axle assembly during manufacturing could cause certain retaining nuts to loosen over time and eventually fall off, potentially causing a part to separate from the axle. If separation occurs, this can affect vehicle stability and brake performance, increasing the risk of a crash.

https://pressroom.toyota.com/toyota-recalls-certain-2022-and-2023-toyota-tacoma-trucks/

Abominog

FALaholic #

I’ve thrown away a number of v6 4Runners, and none of them ever had even $1 in engine work. I don’t know why I bother to change the oil.

FALaholic #
I have a 1998 Toyota forerunner with a 5vzfe v6 motor and now has about 240,000 miles on it. It needs a major overhaul, there isn’t oil leaking from the seals at the valve cover I think, but it still runs pretty smooth. It just needs a lot of rubber replaced and some major engine overhaul. The 5vzFE V6 is an outstanding motor. I looked at the new Tacoma’s and they feel very small on the inside. I would definitely get the V-6 version. There’s no way I would spend the money to find out if the turbo chargers are going to be a problem. I also have a RAV4 2013 and with a four-cylinder motor and it runs great a V6 version would be great but the four-cylinder seems to be acceptable. I have a 2008 tundra with 4.7 L V8 motor and it has about 160,000 miles on it. It looks like they would’ve used super chargers instead of turbo chargers. You can have a supercharger installed on the Toyota 5Zzfe motor.