• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

TISA 1911 $300 + Free Shipping

Timber Wolf

FALaholic #
I want one in 9mm too. Outside of my highway patrolman the .45 version is my favorite pistol to shoot. The cheapest I see the 9mm one is $375.
Cheaper, more plentiful 9mm will more than make up the cost difference to .45. I have several 1911 pistols and like them all but shooting a full-size 1911 in 9mm is too much fun.

lpcullen

FALaholic #
There are several places around here that still do ten dollar transfers. Granted you have to hunt for them. Is that almost a thing of the past?

John A

FALaholic #
I've been tempted to buy simply because of the price. Though, I don't really "need" one. I have a sars K245, which I love. So, I can't seem to push the add to cart button.

I admit, the price is great. That's even a lot cheaper than dealer prices were on any 1911 going back all the way to the year 2000. Closest that I can remember were a few RIA models, which were around $379 dealer price at the time. Plus shipping charges. So, this is still easily $100 less than I can ever recall seeing any decent 1911 for.

lpcullen

FALaholic #
I would rather have had one of the Tisas WW2 GI looking models but missed out on the last few here on the marketplace. The Tisas website shows them to be discontinued.

Invictus77

1C16:13
Staff member
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I ordered one last Thursday. With tax and transfer, $348 for a new 1911.

For tree-fiddy, I thought it was worth a shot as a truck or shop gun.

Over the weekend I got an email and I had sent the expired FFL license, so I sent the current one.
Monday, I got an email with a FedEx tracking number.
I picked it up and brought it home yesterday.

First impressions......

It came in a nice plastic hard case with two mec-gar mags, cleaning rods, a bushing wrench, and a chamber flag.

Tag on the gun says "forged slide & frame, hardened before machining". Finish looks good. I field stripped it, cleaned it, and lubed it (a lot).

It is pretty loose fitting as the bushing wrench was certainly not needed, my two thumbs were more than adequate to push the spring down and swing the bushing. The slide stop pin aligned easily for disassembly as well. This looseness should not be a problem for my purpose of this gat, but notable for a new 1911. It reassembled just as easily.

Dry firing, the controls seemed OK, mil spec-ish but not bad at all, except the slide release with the mec-gar mags. With the mec-gar mags (both), no way you could drop the slide with your right hand thumb, and damn near impossible using the off hand to push down hard. I popped in a stray surplus mag and that problem went away. I've always had positive feelings toward mec-gar mags, but honestly maybe that is from reading reviews? I would have to dig to see if I even had one before now, but at first glance that seems to be a mec-gar mag issue in locking the slide release up tight?

Reassembled, using a milsurp mag with 7 rounds, off the back porch, flawless pew-pew, slide locked back, slide slid forward with the shooting hand thumb on the release. No problems.

More time and more rounds down the pipe will tell the tale, and I was not aiming, just pumping a mag of rounds into the ground for a test fire yesterday, but my first impression of the Tisas is positive for three-and-a-half-benjies OTD in my hand.

1660264295880.png

1660264321365.png

Southern 7.62

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #

Over the weekend I got an email and I had sent the expired FFL license, so I sent the current one.

First impressions......

It came in a nice plastic hard case with two mec-gar mags, cleaning rods, a bushing wrench, and a chamber flag.

Tag on the gun says "forged slide & frame, hardened before machining". Finish looks good. I field stripped it, cleaned it, and lubed it (a lot).

It is pretty loose fitting as the bushing wrench was certainly not needed, my two thumbs were more than adequate to push the spring down and swing the bushing. The slide stop pin aligned easily for disassembly as well. This looseness should not be a problem for my purpose of this gat, but notable for a new 1911. It reassembled just as easily.

Dry firing, the controls seemed OK, mil spec-ish but not bad at all, except the slide release with the mec-gar mags. With the mec-gar mags (both), no way you could drop the slide with your right hand thumb, and damn near impossible using the off hand to push down hard. I popped in a stray surplus mag and that problem went away. I've always had positive feelings toward mec-gar mags, but honestly maybe that is from reading reviews? I would have to dig to see if I even had one before now, but at first glance that seems to be a mec-gar mag issue in locking the slide release up tight?

Reassembled, using a milsurp mag with 7 rounds, off the back porch, flawless pew-pew, slide locked back, slide slid forward with the shooting hand thumb on the release. No problems.

More time and more rounds down the pipe will tell the tale, and I was not aiming, just pumping a mag of rounds into the ground for a test fire yesterday, but my first impression of the Tisas is positive for three-and-a-half-benjies OTD in my hand.

View attachment 222526

View attachment 222527
Looks just as good as the Colt 1991A1’s back in the dayz.

Gazz

FALaholic #
I bought one but failed to notice that while it is called a 1911A1 it has a flat mainspring housing. I remember seeing the ones in the LGS that did have arched MSH which is what I prefer. The pistol I received also has the wide spur hammer that I thought went away with the 1911A1. No big deal really as it is still what looks like a nicely made pistol and am overall pleased with my purchase. I'm in no rush to shoot it.

Invictus77

1C16:13
Staff member
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Update #2 on the Tisas:

This afternoon I put about 180-ish round down the pipe. Three, fifty round boxes and the pile of loose rounds in my 45ACP ammo can. The last 14 loose rounds went into the two mags I used and came back with me as loaded mags, so the 180-ish round count is close.

I had only one FTF feed in the middle of this shooting, but sadly I did not study on the "why". It did not close into battery, I turned it sideways to look, tapped the back of the slide, it went home and ran fine after that. IDK?

It is accurate enough for my purpose and hits the plates when I do my part. The sights suck, but in reality that is just me. I can wear my glasses and see the target. I can not wear my glasses and see the sights. Seeing both the sites and the target simultaneously are simply not in my wheelhouse any more it seems. Getting older sucks, but I suppose it beats the hell out of the alternative.

Not something I would shoot in a match or have for collectability or simple fondness, but for a $348 1911 truck gun, I am satisfied with the Tisas at this point.

On a side note, I first thought I would work on figuring out the mec-gar mag issue, but it works well with my other mags. I decided to just leave the mec-gar mags in the original box with the rest of the stuff that came with it for potential resale value some day. It will go in the attic with all the other saved original boxes of stuff I will probably never sell, or will forget I have the original box and accompaniments if I did try to sell it - LOL

1660351933764.png

1911Ron

FALaholic #

First impressions......

View attachment 222526

View attachment 222527
Try loading the Mec-Gar mags and leaving them sit for awhile and then try them. May springs sound kinda stiff.