• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Times Have Changed

Tak

FALaholic #
I am amazed when I go by a school these days in the morning or afternoon. There are lines of cars picking up the little fucks. I walked to school or rode my bike the 1st 5 years. Then took the bus for 4 years because the school was further away though we would still walk home or ride bikes on nice days. After that drove to school. My father would drop me off every now and then if it was pouring down rain but wouldn't want anyone to see him doing it. I see young kids with phones that their parents use to entertain them while eating out and just shake my head. Ever see kids riding bikes or playing ball anymore? No wonder many of us can no longer relate to society.

With respect to women in the workplace, it has gotten worse. Used to they were somewhat ok because they realized the differences in the roles. Yet they continued to be placed in more roles that were traditionally held by men. When the pressure gets on, they fold like a cheap suit and pull the female card. Where if it was a man you told them to get it done or get the fuck out of the way and hit the clock
Part of the big lines of kids being driven to school is the way subdivisions (if you live in the 'burbs) are done now. When I grew up, the grade schools and most jr. high schools/middle schools were 'embedded' in the neighborhoods.

The area I grew up in, which was built in the 60's, is a bunch of contiguous neighborhoods, separated by some bigger two or four lane main roads. The area I was in, there where THREE grades schools embedded in the big neighborhood. We ALL walked. I was equidistant to three grade schools. I was a mile away from the middle school (still walked...another block further I'd be able to take the bus). Almost nobody got driven to school.

The highschool was about 5 miles away and other than the kids in the smaller neighbhorhood adjacent to it, everyone was bussed in.

NOW, at least in new areas/new developments, kids can't walk to schools. Everything is very compartmentalized, and grade schools are bigger and out where kids just can't get to them. The line of cars taking kids there is nuts. Part of it too is there's so many kids and not enough buses, your kid can spend well over an hour on the bus just to get there. SO when school starts at 7:30 that means kid is at the bus stop at 6:30 and you're getting them up at 6:00am. It kinda sucks.

SWOHFAL

FALaholic #
Part of the big lines of kids being driven to school is the way subdivisions (if you live in the 'burbs) are done now. When I grew up, the grade schools and most jr. high schools/middle schools were 'embedded' in the neighborhoods.

The area I grew up in, which was built in the 60's, is a bunch of contiguous neighborhoods, separated by some bigger two or four lane main roads. The area I was in, there where THREE grades schools embedded in the big neighborhood. We ALL walked. I was equidistant to three grade schools. I was a mile away from the middle school (still walked...another block further I'd be able to take the bus). Almost nobody got driven to school.

The highschool was about 5 miles away and other than the kids in the smaller neighbhorhood adjacent to it, everyone was bussed in.

NOW, at least in new areas/new developments, kids can't walk to schools. Everything is very compartmentalized, and grade schools are bigger and out where kids just can't get to them. The line of cars taking kids there is nuts. Part of it too is there's so many kids and not enough buses, your kid can spend well over an hour on the bus just to get there. SO when school starts at 7:30 that means kid is at the bus stop at 6:30 and you're getting them up at 6:00am. It kinda sucks.
And the school buses drive driveway to driveway, just a few houses down, to pick their lazy little asses up. No central bus stop these days. I understand safety, but they could do two per block and the moms are usually there watching them.

SWOHFAL

FALaholic #
If you're being facetious, please be advised that Poland was their model. They mobilized both men and women after the Soviet occupation to enter the workforce for mandatory rebuilding programs and the very first functioning bureau they set up for the new Polish communist state was an education ministry, even before other critical infrastructure. The parents being away for long hours necessitated that the children were in state care most of the day and the parents saw them very little to ensure the state had a bigger formative influence than their families. Ironic that American wages have held fairly stagnant for real purchasing power and women have been pushed into the workforce to increase family prosperity over the years so that we willingly do what the USSR once forced their populations to do and the leftist "education" system has succeeded perhaps better than they ever did in shaping the thought of future generations to accept the supplied narrative.

The Chief

Farkën Snêekee Bastïtch
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
If you're being facetious, please be advised that Poland was their model. They mobilized both men and women after the Soviet occupation to enter the workforce for mandatory rebuilding programs and the very first functioning bureau they set up for the new Polish communist state was an education ministry, even before other critical infrastructure. The parents being away for long hours necessitated that the children were in state care most of the day and the parents saw them very little to ensure the state had a bigger formative influence than their families. Ironic that American wages have held fairly stagnant for real purchasing power and women have been pushed into the workforce to increase family prosperity over the years so that we willingly do what the USSR once forced their populations to do and the leftist "education" system has succeeded perhaps better than they ever did in shaping the thought of future generations to accept the supplied narrative.

0fc7d238269a30899b023e010559d434--the-boondock-saints-spiritual-guidance.jpg