• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

The Mossberg 590S warranty ordeal begins

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
Mossberg should have issued you a call tag, IMHO. You shouldn't have to pay for THEIR fckup.
Website offered no such option.

Maybe if I had called, and been able to restrain from saying shit that might get me red-flagged. Especially if they played dumb or pushed back.

I figure even if I have to eat the $75, it’s a safer option.

I’m gonna “try to be nice” for as long as I can bear it.

Ballistic Gary has done me more harm overall in the past than good.

Here’s a customer service example for you where I’m having great trouble “being nice.”

I go to Urgent Care yesterday after two days of respiratory distress. Wife tested positive for COVID at same office two days before my visit. And wife has lost sense of smell. They rapid-test me, and result for COVID is negative. So they do another swab (E-PCR) that has to be sent out to a lab. Urgent Care just informed me that SOONEST results would be available are tomorrow. Which puts me at the very edge of the 5-day-since-onset window to be eligible for PAXLOVID. What’s worse, they refused my wife PAXLOVID because she told them she had symptoms for several days before her visit.

I’m trying REAL HARD to “be nice.”

But there comes a point….

Last edited:

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
And then there's this.

I mean its not like I eat half-chewed food scraps off her plate or sleep in the same bed with her or such...

It all makes perfect sense.!

COVID - PCR test - higlighted.jpg

rs-137028-857c37b98c404e1b5d1b7c8dbe118e52aa354a59-3585726554.jpg

STG_58_guy

I'm not this cute IRL
Platinum Contributor
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Barely skilled/trained Assemblers over-torque everything because they use electric, motor driven screwdrivers and rachets. Cars are a primary example, as well as this shotgun that is plaguing you.

Jarhead
The stupid thing is those electric drivers are adjustable and calibrated. Every assembly line uses them. They all have a torque setting.

STG_58_guy

I'm not this cute IRL
Platinum Contributor
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #

davedude

FALaholic #
Website offered no such option.

Maybe if I had called, and been able to restrain from saying shit that might get me red-flagged. Especially if they played dumb or pushed back.

I figure even if I have to eat the $75, it’s a safer option.

I’m gonna “try to be nice” for as long as I can bear it.

Ballistic Gary has done me more harm overall in the past than good.

Here’s a customer service example for you where I’m having great trouble “being nice.”

I go to Urgent Care yesterday after two days of respiratory distress. Wife tested positive for COVID at same office two days before my visit. And wife has lost sense of smell. They rapid-test me, and result for COVID is negative. So they do another swab (E-PCR) that has to be sent out to a lab. Urgent Care just informed me that SOONEST results would be available are tomorrow. Which puts me at the very edge of the 5-day-since-onset window to be eligible for PAXLOVID. What’s worse, they refused my wife PAXLOVID because she told them she had symptoms for several days before her visit.

I’m trying REAL HARD to “be nice.”

But there comes a point….
There are other things you can do WEG, check these guys out.

They have different protocols depending on your status. This is the prevention one:

YMMV but it works for us.

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
There are other things you can do WEG, check these guys out.

They have different protocols depending on your status. This is the prevention one:

YMMV but it works for us.
Thanks.

Just hacked a bunch of yellow nastiness in the kitchen sink while making coffee.

I’m 5 doses in for ivermectin and four for Azythromycin. I’ve got a drawer full of various medications. Some OTC locally. Some from India.

Nose ran like a spigot all day yesterday.

Wife is mad that I won’t go for MORE testing. I guess if I test enough, one of those Mickey Mouse tests administered by some nursing assistant will test “positive” for COVID. Then I guess she can celebrate her being-rightness. She BIG MAD about her BEING-WRONGNESS currently.

Hoping I’m at least halfway toward recovery (or death) at this point. Really tired of it. Gotta go to work in just a few. Make some more people mad probably.

TerryN

FALaholic #
My youngest son and his wife, the doctors, both currently have COVID. I dunno how prevalent it is in Roanoke where they live, but their daughter hasn't succumbed yet. We were well on the way to a pissing contest regarding potential treatments of COVID this morning, so we agreed to disagree. And just for the record, WEG, the use of Ivermectin is still not approved because 'the bulk of the data from meta-analyses does not support its use.' According to him.

Last edited:

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
And just for the record, WEG, the use of Ivermectin is still not approved because 'the bulk of the data from meta-analyses does not support its use.' According to him.
Thanks.

I wonder who PAYS for these studies, and I wonder and who PAYS the salaries of the body of researchers who aren't doing studies?

And who PUNISHES anyone (especially punishes PROFESSIONALS) who even so much as question the approved narrative?

Meanwhile... https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(20)32506-6/fulltext

Stranger

FALaholic #
Here we are putting the fire to it BEFORE I completely stripped the recess of the screw-head on the front screw.

View attachment 364043
Have you tried putting it in the freezer? Or applying dry ice to the screws?

Are you sure they aren't reverse threaded? Mossberg has been known to use the cheapest screws from the cheapest source. If they got a smokin' deal on four tons of reverse threaded screws... well, they gonna us 'em.

aron82

FALaholic #
0302 have you looked over very closely any of the Remingtons made in the last 10 years or so? The freedom group and bankruptcy guns have less than stellar quality. Certainly not saying mossberg is a shining pinnacle of quality, but their current offerings are better than Remington's current offerings.
The solution would be to get an older 870 wingmaster, but they don't have the low mount for a red dot, which is the whole reason weg bought this shotgun.

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
Have you tried putting it in the freezer? Or applying dry ice to the screws?

Are you sure they aren't reverse threaded? Mossberg has been known to use the cheapest screws from the cheapest source. If they got a smokin' deal on four tons of reverse threaded screws... well, they gonna us 'em.

I did try turning it in both directions.

Because sometimes a seized screw will let go if you TIGHTEN it first before loosening it. That screw wasn't going to budge IN ANY DIRECTION short of me doing something destructive.

I should have tried dumping an inverted can of keyboard duster on it to freeze it. Probably would be a waste of good huff-dust. But I didn't.

It would have been beyond retarded for Mossberg to use screws with left-hand threads. Because the screws that hold the cover-plate on are NOT the screws that would fit any optic. Not that "beyond retarded" is beyond possibility in anything these days. But I do think left-handed threads are highly unlikely.

Two pair of vise-grips, and spiraling the Allen-key from the applied torque, is a pretty good sign that something is going to end up damaged when those screws finally let go. And as I remarked several times earlier, WHEN THE DAMAGE HAPPENS, I'm not going to be on the wrench-end of it.

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
I have a couple 870's (three if I can count the Norinco) to keep me amused while this shit percolates.

Also got two new (to me) barrels for the Ithaca.

And I've got Mebs' Savage.

Sears Model 101.10041 (Savage model 94).JPG