• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

THE GREAT TRAIN THREAD!!..

1911Ron

FALaholic #
I didn’t know if I should put this here, or the cool photo thread…
We don’t have a cool shitter thread.
View attachment 376101
I saw one in the Copper queen mine in Bisbee, the guy giving the tour said that miners would play tricks on the new guys by releasing the brakes on it and letting it roll with the new guy on it with his pants down.

jimmbob

unreparated
Contributor
FALaholic #
I didn’t know if I should put this here, or the cool photo thread…
We don’t have a cool shitter thread.
View attachment 376101
in the winter don't need to worry about your workers lollygaggin on the pot

that would make for quick trips to the shitter sitting on that block of ice

12v71

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
This one got me searching... GMDH-1 hydraulic drive, built at GMD (Canadian EMD division) in Ontario.
Four built between '55-'60, the first pair had Detroit 6-110 engines with a total of 600HP, second pair were powered with two 12V71s totaling 800HP. One was still in use in at least 1999 in Alberta Canada, and another was working at the GMD plant as a switcher until they closed.
Damn rabbit holes...