• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

The Garand of Last Resort

bubbagump

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
This is the first Garand and centerfire repeater I ever owned. Pretty sure I got it on VJ Day in 1995. I rebuilt it for the 2nd time not long ago. It's an SA 44 receiver, but I didn't try to make it period correct. I just need it to be reliable, hit hard and shoot straight, so I used what I could get in the best condition. It has a new Satern 4150 -06 barrel and a Dupage laminated stock. The bolt is H&R, and the rest is SA. Some of the stock metal is Taiwan.

Took it out the other day and it ran perfectly with my garbage reloads (46 gr H4895, 150 gr SP). Banged this clip off a sandbag at 50 yards as fast the public range would let me. That would be better if I could see anything, and knew or cared what I was doing. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️ It's still a rush firing the M1 Garand. 💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥 ping! :)

Garands are just excellent rifles, especially when they're pretty.