• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

The dreaded "blank screen" and "Infernal Server Error" is back :-)

Status

Wadman

FALaholic #
Also got this error:

Content-type: text/html
Software error:
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/falfiles/public_html/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi line 27.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@l1a1.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

BUFF

FALaholic #
I got the error message several times tonight, or a blank screen. I clicked on the "refresh" button and things went on like nothing happened.

That was four hours ago. It seems fine now.

C. M. Wolf

FALaholic #
Originally posted by FWRA:
<STRONG>Is it just me or are others experiencing problems tonite?

Best Regards,
Mark Powell</STRONG>
I've learned that these server problems are an attack on large companies that use the internet. The original targets were banks, credit firms, excite, yahoo, and the like, but the attack has spred to smaller server bases.

The hackers that originated these attacks came from the Phillipines, but factions of the group are now in Taiwan, China, and the Mid East. IIRC, the original hackers name was 'Blonde Gook' or 'Blonde Chink', or something like that. (don't flame me, I didn't make the hacker's name up).

Things like this may eventually get worse, but keep in mind that it's not Jen's fault, nor Infopop Corp's fault. I do find it a little more than odd that this is hitting the Pro-gun boards more than the liberal boards though.

(I'm afraid that I don't remember where the artical was that I was reading about this, It might have been on World Net Daily, but I can't post a link. I guess this might be one of those grain of salt things.) ;)

Cheers, 2bucks

Jen

Head Baby Sitter
Staff member
FALaholic #
2buck: We were having MAJOR problems on the fnfal.com server a while back not only with the board, but also someone was running various attacks against us, repeated and coordinated from china, russia, korea, and numerous former soviet block countries. This is why our monthly data transfer rate went from about 60gigs per month to over 900gigs.

I'm getting the ISE's and other errors off and on and have notified the ISP to reboot the server and recompile anything that is needed.

para-EDGe

FALaholic #
Originally posted by Jen:
<STRONG>2buck: We were having MAJOR problems on the fnfal.com server a while back not only with the board, but also someone was running various attacks against us, repeated and coordinated from china, russia, korea, and numerous former soviet block countries. This is why our monthly data transfer rate went from about 60gigs per month to over 900gigs.

I'm getting the ISE's and other errors off and on and have notified the ISP to reboot the server and recompile anything that is needed.</STRONG>
Hey Jen, Just a thought...They don't seem to have this problem over on the Subguns/Biggerhammer network and I believe it's because they can block certain IP groups or sections or whatever to prevent that stuff from happening(blocking a certain isp or IP number segment) ...can you do this or is it because they use a different board script etc or are the attacks of a different nature than just eating bandwidth? :confused:

Maybe theres a program or way of programming to put the virtual smackdown on these hosers. :mad:

EDG

[ June 19, 2001: Message edited by: para-EDGe ]

Status