• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Swap cylinder on model 442 (install 642 cylinder?)

Nomad 2nd

FALaholic #
Paul Harrell pushed me over the edge, I had no idea that 9mm in snubnose were that good.
They aren't.

You cant carry reloads.

The moon clips are too prone to bending and when you try to reload they bind the gun up.

Good range toy, but if I'm carrying a 5 shot i need a reload.

.356TSW revolvers shoot 9mm BTW.

Bladewurk

FALaholic #
I disagree , good 2nd gun or BUG that has unique attributes.
Like good ballistics, ammo is ubiquitous and cheap, can be handed to my wife, daughter, father in law with no instruction.
Also it can be fired from a purse or pocket without jamming, can’t be pressed out of battery with a contact shot, it only improves the wound channel.
And when it’s in my large hand it can be palmed and is completely invisible.
Rounds can be thumbed into the chambers from my primary’s magazine.
A pill bottle holds 2 reloads btw..
So I’d say a few pluses.
Does it have negatives?
Yes, choose your ammo wisely for no bullet creep. And don’t fire more than one shotshell at a time etc..
Biggest negative to me is the cost but I got one lightly used for about $300 less than retail.

Last edited:

Nomad 2nd

FALaholic #
I disagree , good 2nd gun that has good ballistics, ammo is ubiquitous and cheap, can be handed to my wife, daughter, father in law with no instruction.
Rounds can be thumbed into the chambers from my primary’s magazine.
A pill bottle holds 2 reloads btw..

Glock is the modern day revolver.

Exact same controls till its time to reload.
Much higher capacity.
Higher reliability.
(This from a guy who LOVES prelock Smiths)

Bladewurk

FALaholic #

Glock is the modern day revolver.

Exact same controls till its time to reload.
Much higher capacity.
Higher reliability.
(This from a guy who LOVES prelock Smiths)
I have always felt that way but as my family has expanded my ideas have changed.
I have carried Glocks as a primary since 1994, and haven’t had a negligent discharge.
However I don’t want a Glock for BUG or off body carry , and definitely not pocket, ankle or my wife’s purse .

Nomad 2nd

FALaholic #
I have always felt that way but as my family has expanded my ideas have changed.
I have carried Glocks as a primary since 1994, and haven’t had a negligent discharge.
However I don’t want a Glock for BUG or off body carry , and definitely not pocket, ankle or my wife’s purse .
Why?
I've had a Glock in my pocket as a BUG for many miles. Ones there now.
26 (replaced a J frame)
And now a 43x

I WAS lazy today while doing some work and had a J frame AIWB for about an hour, But 99% of the time it's a 48 AIWB.

Off body is a whole nother thing. (Resolved with a good holster, but still....)

bulletslap

FALaholic #
If you (can) swap the ratchet from the original cylinder to the replacement cylinder it “might” function. Else purchase the Kunhausen S&W shop manual and a barret file and learn how to file the ratchets to fit. For me it was quite an experience.

FUUN063

FALaholic #
Gary, I know you show it functions in the drop in and squeeze testing in your video, but I'll believe it actually works when I see the primer strikes from both cylinders. Hopefully, they are centered and you're good to go. Now, if these would hold up to the Bain and Davis conversion but as a 38 instead of .357, I'd be all in!

Leland

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
Gary, I know you show it functions in the drop in and squeeze testing in your video, but I'll believe it actually works when I see the primer strikes from both cylinders. Hopefully, they are centered and you're good to go. Now, if these would hold up to the Bain and Davis conversion but as a 38 instead of .357, I'd be all in!

Leland
Fair enough

I’ll range-test it with 38’s before I invest in machine work