• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Stupid AUG newbie Q

Goldiwu02

FALaholic #
So I can't find anything that tells me definitively HOW to actually turn the gas plug from the normal setting to the adverse position. Do you push it in and turn it? Pull it outwards and turn it? Or just turn it? My plug seems VERY stiff and I am concerned about damaging the rifle if I use too much force in the wrong direction.

Goldiwu02

FALaholic #
Yeah I saw that, he says "pull down", then looks as if he pulls it outwards, away from the gun. Very difficult to pull my plug outwards AND turn it. So, which is it, please?

And I'm sure the plug becomes scorching hot after firing a magazine or two.

Venom6

FALaholic #
There are two ears, or tabs, which stick up from the face of the gas plug. Push them laterally (they are under spring pressure), and while holding that earred assembly in that position, rotate the gas plug to the desired setting. It is a bit awkward, and harder if the rifle has been fired a bunch without having had the gas plug and cylinder cleaned.