• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Some help (FAQs) for the C&R afficionado?

EMDII

Evil Moderator, , Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
All things FN-49: Dieudonne's first gift to Man

God save the Queen, er, King, er Enfield!!?

The FR-8 in all its glory!?

I'm stuck!?

Sturm und Drang, Blut und Ehre: kleine Mauser!?

We Allgo for Yugo!?

Spasibo: the Mosin-Nagant

Just the facts, Mak

CZ: Those crazy Dutch firearms

SKS: the fugly little carbine that is/isn't C&R

C96: the ugly stick!

K-31: Not your average Swiss cheese!

Mom: I need permission (or what is the C&R License?)!

Goose52

FALaholic #
Ted - WOW ! Interesting idea and this really would help the new owners. I just browsed the list from the FN-49 link and saw threads that I had worked but have since forgotten about!

Good job!

Goose

EMDII

FALaholic #
:biggrin:
This is the part of my job title I like best- helping us know OUR rifles better.

Now, I need more ideas for search areas. Get cracking you lazy buggers!
:rofl:

Goose52

FALaholic #
Hmmmmm - the silence is deafening ....

Well, I still think this is a great idea. We lost a lot of data when GunBoards moved to their new server and software. The Parallax board has a less-than-ideal search engine. This now makes the "Files" one of the best places to go to search through several years worth of posts.

Anyway, good job Ted !

Goose

withergyld

FALaholic #
You could do one for the CZ 52, Carcano, Broomhandle Mauser, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine....I'm certain I could come up with more :)
Do you think it would be better to have a generic search for the SKS that would cover Russian, Romanian, Yugo and Albanian, or a seperate search mask for each? ( I left out Chinese as they are not C&R, but they probably should be included too)

EMDII

FALaholic #
We haven't had much discussion on the so-called Amnesty FALs. I'll look around and see if anything pops. We also don't see much C-III discussion, what w/ Culver, Bigger Hammer, and a few other specialized sites. Again, I'll snoop and see what pops.

EMDII

FALaholic #
Yeah, right now I'm having to recast the search criteria. But you can search for them alphabetically by Title is you like, and get a snootful. I'm working on it.

gunsmoke

FALaholic #
http://www.cruffler.com/50YearLetterRC1997.pdf

As a C & R, the question about listed v. unlisted firearms, and the 50 year rule frequently has interfered with completing transactions.

I've even had an 01 FFL refuse to transfer a listed gun "...because it is not 50 years old and therefore your C & R is worthless..."

The above link is to an ATF letter ruling from 1997 which clarifies the "50-year rule." It is self-explanatory, I hope you will find it useful.

Special thanks :bow: go to jmonarch for providing the link

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=187473

and to :bow: www.cruffler.com for hosting it on their website.