• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

So Billabong will go to the National Match...

paolo.orange

FALaholic #
@Hagar: the "D" is configured for the military market so the pilot in command flies on the right seat so that he/she has the right hand on stick and left hand on throttles

@Slauther: now and then I say myself that I'm terribly lucky

Back on Topic. Imageshack wrote me a note basically saying that if I want the photos back then I have to upgrade my account to Premium. It sounds a little bit like a blackmail, but it's OK for me as long as I migrate the photos somewhere else. They should be back in 24 h.

.30-06

FALaholic #
Back on Topic. Imageshack wrote me a note basically saying that if I want the photos back then I have to upgrade my account to Premium. It sounds a little bit like a blackmail, but it's OK for me as long as I migrate the photos somewhere else. They should be back in 24 h.
Imageshack is a rip off. Give photobucket or Imgur a try.

paolo.orange

FALaholic #
I'm in the process to migrate all the photos from ImageShack to Photobucket. It's a tedious job but it's worth doing that.

Even if this is the story of Billabong, the FAL that "can't shoot well, but eventually won the NM", I would encourage everybody to share here experiences, techniques, tricks, defeats and glories in the quest for accuracy and fine shooting our marvelous FAL.
:fal:

CzechMate

FALaholic #
Hi Paolo, first of all, congratulations to your winnings! Excellent job! Second, thank you very much for all the informations you shared here with us!

Two days ago I went to local military club to compete in a 300, 200 and 100m competition. It is a local event, nothing big. My L1A1 was assigned into a group with Mosins, Mausers, Schmidt Rubins etc... I finished 12th out of 14 and I thought, that not only my skills are not good enough, but also my L1A1 cannot compete with these old school bolt action rifles... Also, I was shooting some old surplus ammo, that also contributed to the result heavily...

After reading this whole thread, I am very positive, that with few modifications to my L1A1 and after honing up my skills, I can beat them all.

Thank you once again and good luck in everything you do!

(if you ever come to Czech Republic and want to have some fun with a gun, my L1A1 is at your disposal free of charge of course!)