• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Sig P365 X Macro

Near Sighted Sniper

Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Wow!!! I just saw one of these in a local shop & got to hold it. I can’t believe how small it is but how good it felt in my hand. Pics online make it look bigger than it is. I might just have to get one of these. Do any of you guys have any real world experience with them?? I’m assuming mags are irritatingly expensive. Anyway just wanted to see what you guy thought about them. Thanks, Mick

gentlemanjoe

FALaholic #
I've got the 365X and the XMacro TACOPS (the one without the muzzle brake) . With mag guts in the 365X you get 15 rounds. I do love that the MACRO has standard picatinny rail though. I love both of them but personally I lean more towards the 365X simply because it's a little more concealable.

Near Sighted Sniper

Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
The one I looked at didn’t have the porting on the slide. I also looked at the Hellcat pro while I was there & they felt very similar. I’m gonna have to research them both & see which one I like better. I will say that I like the Hellcat rear site better but I liked the extra weight of the Sig slide better. The Hellcat was about $80 cheaper & it came with 4 17 round mags & 1 15 round mag where the Macro came with 2 17 round mags. There’s a (kind of ) local shop that rents guns, maybe I’ll call them & see if they have either available to rent & shoot them before I make a decision.

meltblown

FJB
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I don't like the macro. The pic rail makes it too bulky IMO and hard to find a holster that fits it. It's the same as an XL but with the larger grip and higher cap mag. The X and XL can both utilize the high cap mag. I carry the X and put the dot on the XL for the house along with the high cap mag. Best pistols I've come across and do not regret getting them

LKY_13

Sig Sauer Me
Contributor
FALaholic #
Built this up from boxes o' parts. Always wanted a Norsso slide. So, I sold some things and bit the bullet. I was going to chop the Macro grip module to accept XL mags, but... man does it fit smartly in hand!
I'ma hold off until spring at the earliest. 17 rounds is *so* sweet. Maybe just keep it as-is.

This is the ported slide / barrel combo. I thought about going the route of a tucked Herrington comp with the shorter X slide, but this runs very smooth and is my favorite shooter at present... 🤩

Near Sighted Sniper

Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
So I finally fired the X macro, it shoots low with PMC bronze, Magtec, Izzy Surplus & Norma MHP. I was shooting at about 10 yards & aiming @ the x ring & was 4 to 6 inches low with all brands. I switched to my CZ P01 & was in the 9 ring & x ring every round. To say that I’m a little disappointed is an understatement. I thought Sig made a quality firearm??? My brand new $700 Sig was beaten by a 20 year old $400 CZ
Anyone else have one that shoots low??

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
There's nothing wrong with your gun. Will you miss a guy at 10 yards? No. If you want it to shoot to your POA, contact Sig for a higher rear sight. Otherwise, if you feel the gun is junk simply because your eyes and it don't jive, do yourself a favor and sell it now.

Near Sighted Sniper

Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
It feels too good in my hand to sell it, I’ll contact Sig & see if they’ll replace the rear sight. Didn’t think of that. A buddy I work with has one and suggested I get a red dot. For some reason I’m anti red dot when it comes to pistols. I have no problem with them on rifles.