• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Shotgun convert

Delta-3

FALaholic #
I've been trying for almost 20 years to teach my 53 yr old wife to shoot a handgun. She can do fine at times but more often then not, she anticipates the shot & shoots x amount of feet in front of her. ( I can't break her of it no matter the caliber or firearm) The only one she does consistantly well with is her 380 EZ.
Went to the local indoor range the other day with her. I had to sight in a new Colt 38 Super & my 14 yr old son's new M&P 2.0 with an optic. Took along my 870P that I picked up dirt cheap as LE surplus. It had some concernable rust inside the receiver & elsewhere. Had a gunsmith buddy of mine blast & cerakote it. I installed a new FCG, new complete bolt & carrier & added a +3 tube extension. I needed to check it for function & this range allows shotguns but slugs only. I fired one round & I hear behind me, " I want to try that"! I loaded one round & instructed her on proper technique for shooting 12 gauge slugs. She cranked it off & said "OH I REALLY LIKE THAT. Can I shoot it again"?
I loaded it up (7+1) & told her to have at it. I figured 2-3 rounds she'd lose interest fast. She dumped all 8 into a 12" target @ 25 yards.
I've created a monster! She now uses it for her home defense weapon. She actually likes the hard kick. It makes her smile & she wants me to teach her how to use the bayonet in case she needs it!!! I told her that was for use in a future time to repel boarders from the house.

Remington 870 Police.jpg

EinheitElf

FALaholic #
That is cool! She found her niche firearm,good on her and good on you! I had my benelli nova along one time with friends,one brought his at the time girl friend. I was loading up the benelli and she wanted to try it,she asked me what was the most powerful round i had, I said I have 3" mag slugs. She said 'i want to try it' I looked at her and said 'ok you asked for it' loaded up 3 rounds of 3" slugs, instructed her how to hold and sight the ghost rings and then stood behind her to brace her(and she had a nice behind ). She fired off all 3 ,hit the plate at 2x at 25 and 1 at 50. She looked at me with a big ass grin and said 'well now I think i can shoot anything' .....and she proceeded to do a mag in my DE44..... gal liked big booms and hefty muzzle flames;):love::D:D

EinheitElf

FALaholic #
Addendum- it is weird on the ladies... I have a friend who's ex could not shoot any centerfire worth a damn but give her a 22lr,fave was a ruger 1022 with a scope and she was like super sniper woman...swear i saw her doink wasps off plants and some distance-she hated wasps and hornets with a passion so maybe got 'rage vision' ....

Delta-3

FALaholic #
I knew mine could shoot rifles well. Built her a 8" Bulgarian "krink" about 10 years ago & within it's envelope she's deadly. I was suprised at her taking to the shotgun though. She has Lupus ( & her age) but that recoil didn't bother her joints at all.
I've taught quite a few women to shoot over the years & it seems they adapt faster to a shoulder arm then a handgun. (mostly). I've known some women that are scary (in a good way) with a pistol.