• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Saturday night drinking thread 2/24/24 - let's kick it off!

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Now,don't drink too much tonight! ;)

Some of you boys are hitting church tomorrow morning.

<iframe width="780" height="438" src="
" title="Hank Williams - I Saw the Light [Americana] Remastered 4K" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Invictus77

1C16:13 - J1:9
Staff member
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Invictus77

1C16:13 - J1:9
Staff member
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lew

FALaholic #
Not drinkin' tonight. Too damned tired after stringin' fence all day. Winds were over 40 mph. Had a couple of the wife's Truly seltzer shit to get some of the grit outta my teeth. Bubbly water with a barely acceptable amount of alcohol and the flavor isn't complete crap. I don't consider those drinkin'. Too lazy to open a bottle of wine and slug it single serving style. Gotta git some whiskey tomorrow as I'm all out.

Cheers, ya merry fools.

cotter

FALaholic #
I underBeyonce is country music these days. WTF? Over. No fiddles. No steel guitar. Pass. No HARD PASS. Yep I'll listen to your ZZ top, AC/DC and hear what I expect but fuk this new kuntry...

ByronF

FALaholic #
I underBeyonce is country music these days. WTF? Over. No fiddles. No steel guitar. Pass. No HARD PASS. Yep I'll listen to your ZZ top, AC/DC and hear what I expect but fuk this new kuntry...
Just get Spotify. There are dozens of terrific real country singers out there who will likely never hit the commercial airwaves.

harleyrider

Where’d I set my drink?
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
I saw ZZ Top at the Konocti Amplitheater in 2004. I didn't expect it to be, but it was one of the best concerts I've been to. Absolutely kicked ASS!
I saw them 3 different times over the years. Always good entertainment.

HR

Oh, and it’s the usual gin & tonic tonight.

cotter

FALaholic #
Just get Spotify. There are dozens of terrific real country singers out there who will likely never hit the commercial airwaves.
Oh I know, just hate 'the industry'. Lots of good country made these days: OA, Branden Martin, Tyler C etc. Just a shame youy must hunt it down vs. tune in the radio...

Tak

FALaholic #
Why is Nickelback universally considered the most hated rock band? I get Greenday and U2. Why Nickelback? Creed is on most lists. I like Creed. I liked old U2 as well.
Nickelback and Creed....formulaic corporate 'rock'. Bleah.

Greenday (despite the singer being a dumbass) was good for about 5 minutes in the mid 90's while they were just ripping off the Sex Pistols and The Ramones. Their schitck and unoriginallity wore thin quickly.

Not sure U2 is considered 'hated' band. They were pretty damn good through Joshua Tree and a little bit thereafter, then turned to crap.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
For all my drinking friends! ;)

<iframe width="780" height="438" src="
" title="Johnny Cash - Sunday Morning Coming Down (The Best Of The Johnny Cash TV Show)" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

STG_58_guy

I'm not this cute IRL
Platinum Contributor
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Nickelback and Creed....formulaic corporate 'rock'. Bleah.

Greenday (despite the singer being a dumbass) was good for about 5 minutes in the mid 90's while they were just ripping off the Sex Pistols and The Ramones. Their schitck and unoriginallity wore thin quickly.

Not sure U2 is considered 'hated' band. They were pretty damn good through Joshua Tree and a little bit thereafter, then turned to crap.
There are hundreds of bands I like and a bunch of genres. Was listening to mountain string band stuff on a 3 hour drive today. Was listening to New Orleans jazz last night and some ragtime stuff from the 20's I think. Right now I'm on 70's rock. I don't like disco, headbanger, hard punk like the Clash and violent rap. Any rap really. Achtung Baby is in my top 20 albums. Hard for me to hate on Nickleback or Creed.