• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Rust Never Sleeps

Abominog

FALaholic #
With regard to your statement, a wash and wax as often as practicable during winter is money well spent in Wisco.
Wish it were that simple. Salt gets into places washes don’t- seams, calipers, electronic switches and connectors. The true rust belt is immediately south of the lakes, Chicago and east. Nothing survives.

ByronF

FALaholic #
Been running a wimpy tired half-charged window AC unit in my shop, along with a dehumidifier. When I rebuilt the shed I installed a wall sleeve and 220V near it, anticipating a proper wall unit someday. It's 99 deg and humid in Middle TN right now and the window unit I believe may be a goner. Yesterday ordered an 11k BTU 220V wall unit with dehumidifier function. Should be here in a few days.

whisky_n_hot_dogs

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Been running a wimpy tired half-charged window AC unit in my shop, along with a dehumidifier. When I rebuilt the shed I installed a wall sleeve and 220V near it, anticipating a proper wall unit someday. It's 99 deg and humid in Middle TN right now and the window unit I believe may be a goner. Yesterday ordered an 11k BTU 220V wall unit with dehumidifier function. Should be here in a few days.
I envy your man shed but not your weather.

badzero

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I swear they design pickups so that the salt gets caught in places you can't wash just so the bed and cab will rust out sooner. It's bad here in Iowa too, it freezes at night so the DOT salts the fuck out of the roads and then gets above freezing during the day so you get a nice brine mixture on the roads that gets into everything.

madrad62

FALaholic #
saw them at blossom, during the international harvester tour in ????. Im in the rust belt myself,your only going to get about 10 yrs out of a vehicle before it turns to shit. A liberal pressure wash on the undercarriage and spray with trans fluid yearly helps a lot. getting trans fluid is easy,they cant run very fast in high heels.