• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Ruger Super Blackhawk 7.5" barrel 44 Magnum $800

MasterChief

FALaholic #
Not knowledgeable about the price point but it seems OK. I have had .44 Magnun (Redhawk) since 1981 but have to admit the Super Blackhawk will be much more versatile for hunting and paper punching right out of the box. YMMV but I am afraid it will be gone by now. Good luck.

Timber Wolf

FALaholic #
I had no idea SBHs were that much these days. I have one but it is the 5 1/2 version and it is a nice packing Magnum. Also have a scoped stainless 7 1/2 Redhawk in .44. My third Ruger .44 Magnum is a carbine. ; ) I do have a Super Red Hawk, but it is a .480. I also have Blackhawks in .357, .41, .45 (X2), and 30 Carbine (Old Model). The .30 Carbine Blackhawk is identical to the first center fire handgun I ever shot going on 50 years ago. And just for full disclosure, I have a pair of Old Army’s as well. Yeah, I kinda like big (and small) Rugers. But, if I am going to pack something as big as a 7 1/2 SBH it might as well be my .454 Freedom Arms, that I have yet to shoot : (.

Last edited:

Colts4me

Banned
FALaholic #
First 44 mag I ever saw was a Ruger Blackhawk, BIL bought it and damn he could shoot. Went out in the mountains looking for a Christmas tree we had a permit to cut. BIL cut the top of a tall tree down with three shots from his 44. Merry Christmas it was.

Jaxxas

Don't Tread On Me!
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I had one of those in the late 70's, a fun and accurate gun. It also wins gold stars for being the most dropped handgun I've ever owned. Seemed likely to fly from almost everybody the first time out. .44 mags and up aren't for everybody.......ymmv....

Colts4me

Banned
FALaholic #
Bunch of us youngsters took the 44 to the Rock pit an everyone tried a shot. Brave young woman promised not to drop it and she didn't but her long fingernails made her bleed bad enough she had to go home.

raubvogel

Contributor
FALaholic #
I have one. Bill designed that one for guys with little tiny hands. The 29 fits my mitt more better. No large grips for the Blackhawk available?
I know someone who has a Rugger single action in 44Mag whose grip is longer than normal: instead of looking like two slices of bread in a sandwich, they go down past where the metal ends. As a result, if you look from behind the metal bit ends some distance above where the wood grips end.

I could use something like that in my Sauer

Bug Tussell

FALaholic #
I know someone who has a Rugger single action in 44Mag whose grip is longer than normal: instead of looking like two slices of bread in a sandwich, they go down past where the metal ends. As a result, if you look from behind the metal bit ends some distance above where the wood grips end.

I could use something like that in my Sauer
Since my last post I picked up another super blackhawk but this one has large grips. Much more comfortable to shoot.

meltblown

Social Influencer for the Feds
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I had one of those in the late 70's, a fun and accurate gun. It also wins gold stars for being the most dropped handgun I've ever owned. Seemed likely to fly from almost everybody the first time out. .44 mags and up aren't for everybody.......ymmv....
Same here. I ended up selling in 1982 I believe. They were about $150 or so. Friend of mine and I were on parked on a beach drinking. He said let me see that thing and shot it. Hammer spurred his hand and made a gash that was respectable according to the blood flow. I was laughing my ass off.

SmokeEater2

Silver Contributor
Contributor
FALaholic #
Ruger revolvers have been in short supply locally since all the covid BS.

My LGS couldn't find a single plain ol' .45 Blackhawk available through any of their suppliers back in the spring, The only revolvers available were those pot metal .22's That Ruger is selling now.

Nice to see some are making it back into the market.