• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

rolled the dice on a Turkish shotgun

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #

EinheitElf

FALaholic #

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
I think there is some 922(r) thing where if you replace THREE of the magic parts on Benelli and similar furrin guns, you’re “legal”

Google “922r parts count meme”

Mebsuta

Khemi, Stygia
Contributor
FALaholic #

Bladewurk

FALaholic #
I’m curious whether the Turks use a different spring for the 5-shot, or if they just throw a 7-shot spring in there.
I replaced the spring in my 1st walnut 1014 with the Wolff part #32712 when adding the +2 extension tube.
My “Mariner “ still has the “ribbed dildo” , since the tube I wanted is still out of stock.
But I wondered the same thing, esp since Benelli is known to use the same spring and loading with the dildo felt pretty stiff.

So I measured the takeoff spring and it was 25 inches which would seem adequate for an 18.5 inch barrel.
At least on my other long extensions 6 inches past end of ext tube is pretty standard.

Last edited:

Aeroscout

Contributor
FALaholic #
Yes I bought the Botach $59 part , shown here swapped out for the “ribbed for her pleasure “ fake extension .

Full length will fit also although you’ll probably have to breakdown Loctite on the receiver threads with a torch or similar View attachment 381593
ETA: now holds 7+1+1 with the “ghost load” and weighs 9.35 lbs so loaded and a 6 round Card for 15 rounds on the gun.
She’s a heavy girl
I get 7+1.......What does 7+1+1 mean? How does that work?

Bladewurk

FALaholic #
I get 7+1.......What does 7+1+1 mean? How does that work?
Benelli has a design which is I think to prevent a jam from shell latch releasing another shell , it allows what is called a “Ghost load”.

If you start with a fully loaded magazine of 7 rounds , you can retract bolt 3/4 of the way and push a shell down onto the carrier and slip one into the chamber and drop bolt closed.
So .. 7 in tube, one in chamber and one on carrier.
Prevents jams if you release a shell onto carrier inadvertently also.

M829A3

FALaholic #
Finally got to the local range today. First time in 12 years firing a 12 ga. Indoor range only permits slug in shotguns, so after near 100 rds on the M1 with 168s, I put about 2 dozen various 12 ga slug through the 1014. Only one hiccup, on the second round, it failed to pickup. After that it banged away. Shoots hard left at 10 yds. Adjusted the rear sight all the way to the right and still hits left. Elevation looks good though. I guess its time to move the front sight. Suddenly noticed I cant see the rear sights on anything anymore. Ghost ring and peep ring look like fuzz ball now.

Attachments:

M829A3

FALaholic #
Here's a PSA, DON'T shoot 24 rds of slug at one outing, unless your idea of a fun evening is scrubbing the bore for 2 hrs. I literally, lead plated the bore, from forcing cone, to muzzle. At first, I was like, " what the hell, did the chrome crack all the way down the barrel?". Then "wow, even the choke is gouged!" "Wait,,,,, whutt???, the choke is stainless, what am I looking at??" I was puzzled until flakes fell out of the barrel, after the first few strokes of the cleaning rod. By the time I got tired of scrubbing, the lead, cleaner, oil combo, turned into a slurry of anti seize like crap, and got all over everything, that then also needed to be scrubbed off. Barrel isn't completely clean, I'm just tired of putzing around with it. I'll pick up some Birchwood Caseys, later.:cautious:

Last edited:

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
Shoots hard left at 10 yds. Adjusted the rear sight all the way to the right and still hits left. Elevation looks good though. I guess its time to move the front sight.
I had to move my front sight all the way to one side to the mechanical limit.

Then I was able to zero the rear sight to pretty close to mechanical center.

I haven't taken a close look at the bore to see if its building up lead.

madmike262

FALaholic #
Inertia gun?

I have a Stoeger M3000 that I've used little. Had to fix a trigger issue but seems like a good gun.
I have a Stoeger M3000 also.24 inch barrel 9shot tube.I need to take it back out to shoot.I tried it 1st time but had problems with ammo it was Ultra lite target loads 1100 Fps.

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
I was picking up some stuff off the "workshop" floor tonight, and I came across the accessories pack that came with the MAC 1014.

In the nifty plastic box containing two additional choke tubes, I also found a little meth-rock baggie that contains the SIGHT ADJUSTMENT TOOLS. Wish I had noticed it before I operated the nut on the front sight with needle-nose vise-grips.
45 ACP case in the pic for scale.

MAC 1014 sight adjustment tools.jpg

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
Here's a PSA, DON'T shoot 24 rds of slug at one outing, unless your idea of a fun evening is scrubbing the bore for 2 hrs.
I got around to checking the bore on my 1014 as well as the Mossberg 590-S today.

I put a bunch of slugs through them last month. Just now getting around to cleaning.

The 1014 had a LOT of lead fouling. The Mossberg not nearly as much.

I used the bronze brush on a drill motor to DRY-SCRUB the bore. I spent about 20 minutes on the bore with just the drill and a bronze brush mounted on a shotgun rod. That got about 90 to 95 percent of the lead out of the bore. I ran the drill forward-and-backward with the RPM slightly below half-speed. Its easy to reverse the brush mid-bore if you keep the motor running.

It was interesting that the brush was a pretty tight fit in the 1014. By contrast, the same brush used immediately afterwards in the Mossberg was extremely loose in the bore. Hotdog-down-the-hallway loose.

I was surprised that there was that much difference in bore diameter between the 1014 and the Mossberg.

If you use the drill, be wary of running it all the way to the muzzle. The brush will unscrew the choke tube instantly if you run the brush into the choke tube from the chamber-end of the barrel.

Run this in a DRY bore to avoid lead-slurry slop spew.
Reversing the brush in the bore is hard on the brush. Don't expect the brush to last long. Brushes are cheap. Time is expensive.

drill ryobi 12 gauge bore brush bronze rod lead.jpg

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
I ordered a Carlson's extended choke tube so I can carelessly bang the muzzle against things.

I ordered it at Midnight Wednesday. Arrived at lunchtime today.

AMAZON LINK

Carlsons choke tube 3.jpg

Carlsons choke tube 4.jpg
Silver-color tube (one of three) that came with the gun. Fits flush at the muzzle.
$50 Carlsons improved cylinder tube (Carlsons offers a silver-color if you are into contrast).

Carlsons choke tube 5.jpg Carlsons choke tube 2.jpg Carlsons choke tube.jpeg