• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

rolled the dice on a Turkish shotgun

Bladewurk

FALaholic #
I did some research tho and I’ve lost more $ in 5 minutes in Vegas before ..
This was only $365 at Buds .
ETA: correction I looked at my receipt again and it was $400 , I called and ordered synthetic first then changed to wood.
The Walnut stock is what made me cave, and the promise of a “better Turknelli” from SDS imports helped.
Turns out to be made in a ISO 9001 standard new factory.
Broke it down and degreased, lubed, torque checked and it ran 💯 for 100 rds of mixed bird/buck and was just a little high out of the box with my fav slug. 8 inch plate at 100 yards was easy.
Mac 1014 .
We’ll see if the metal heat treat and hard chrome holds up…
IMG_0144.jpeg

Attachments:

Last edited:

Bladewurk

FALaholic #
I really think these imports can vary in quality in each production run and gun to gun.
Especially since I know from my experiences in purchasing that items get built to spec and a price point for each purchase order.
This run and this gun seem okay so far.

LYCAN

FALaholic #
I did some research tho and I’ve lost more $ in 5 minutes in Vegas before ..
This was only $365 at Buds .
The Walnut stock is what made me cave, and the promise of a “better Turknelli” from SDS imports helped.
Turns out to be made in a ISO 9001 standard new factory.
Broke it down and degreased, lubed, torque checked and it ran 💯 for 100 rds of mixed bird/buck and was just a little high out of the box with my fav slug. 8 inch plate at 100 yards was easy.
Mac 1014 .
We’ll see if the metal heat treat and hard chrome holds up… View attachment 381316
Nise!

And thanks for the info, especially being a 1:1 Benelli Clone. 👍

I've always been... hesitant... with semi shotguns. (Reliability to feed/function)

Last edited:

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
There are some great bargains to be had on QUALITY Turkish guns.

My only beef with the Turkish phenomenon is that many of the guns - especially SHOTGUNS - are one-off designs. Which renders the gun substantially a throw-away item if the extractor or firing pin breaks some years down the road when there are no parts for that model to be had.

Bladewurk

FALaholic #
I agree, this seems to be an exact clone , like a modern AR or Tisa 1911, some fitting may be required but the $50 Benelli M4 extension threaded right on this thing.
ETA: the many different bullpup and AR types are notorious pieces of crap overall

LYCAN

FALaholic #

My only beef with the Turkish phenomenon is that many of the guns - especially SHOTGUNS - are one-off designs. Which renders the gun substantially a throw-away item if the extractor or firing pin breaks some years down the road when there are no parts for that model to be had.
Great point. Good to know. 👍

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #

The MAC 1014 shotgun is based on the iconic firearm that has served troops around the globe for over two decades being synonymous with the GWOT and prized by the troops who carried them. MAC is proud to offer this proven self-regulating piston design shotgun, renowned for its effectiveness, ease of maintenance and unrivaled reliability with a wide range of loads. All MAC 1014 shotguns come from the factory with a preinstalled picatinny style rail with a ghost ring rear sight that is windage/elevation adjustable, and adjustable front post with contrasting white dot that is also adjustable for windage. The 18.5 barrel features the Benelli/Mobil pattern choke tube system for consistent patterns that can be tuned to any shot type load.
MAC 1014 shotguns are designed to be compatible with most aftermarket parts, furniture, and accessories for other Benelli M-1014/M4 variant shotguns.
Wood model in offered in a matte black finish with turkish walnut stock and forearm.

yovinny

Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #

I know most of the early doubles were built in a cooperative guild fashion, with lots of little shops all working hand in hand with lots of little part producers and a few larger barrel makers. No different then pretty much how anywhere else in the world first started out in the gun trade, just on a later timeline.

Bladewurk

FALaholic #
Thats a great looking riot gun. Can the bastardized mag tube be replaced with a Choate or other 3 shot extension?
Yes I bought the Botach $59 part , shown here swapped out for the “ribbed for her pleasure “ fake extension .

Full length will fit also although you’ll probably have to breakdown Loctite on the receiver threads with a torch or similar
IMG_0145.jpeg

ETA: now holds 7+1+1 with the “ghost load” and weighs 9.35 lbs so loaded and a 6 round Card for 15 rounds on the gun.
She’s a heavy girl

Last edited:

Invictus77

1C16:13 - J1:9
Staff member
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #

Did not know that about Turk shotguns, but it is certainly a fact with the Chinese tractors or kids dirt bikes sold at the box stores.

Cheap when new. Runs like a top for a few months or a year. Something breaks with no dealer network. You now have a heavy paperweight.

Bladewurk

FALaholic #
I don’t really believe the Importer SDS , but FYI they are pledging a
“1 year warranty and Lifetime service plan”
Whose lifetime?? long lifetime or short lifetime ??
I dunno.

I figure I can buy takeoff Benelli parts from the Instagram gamer crowd that pimp out their “real Benelli M4” with $300 titanium bullshit parts

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
When I was at the gun show last month, they had a shit-ton of weird-looking semi-auto shotguns (I assume Turkish) in all sorts of oddball colors and configurations. Prices looked to be $200 - $300.

I have no idea who buys that shit.

Looked a lot like this

Untitled.jpg

1.1675958258000__94693.jpg

Mebsuta

Khemi, Stygia
Contributor
FALaholic #
I have Maverick Hunter 12 ga O/U, which was made in Turkey and I think it's awesome.

I probly don't know any better though. I think my $80 Glarry bass is awesome. I think my single speed ChineXXe bicycle is awesome, and I saw these two ChiXX walking up the blvd and thought they were awesome. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️