• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Removing a stock on a double barrel?

Invictus77

1C16:13
Staff member
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I found a vertical through-bolt from the lower to upper receiver tangs, but nothing lengthwise under the butt pad or elsewhere that I see. It is still tight, but of course it has not been off there for many decades either. Is there any other attachment point I am missing, or just time to give it a bit of "elbow grease" to yank it off?

20210814_075733.jpg

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Danger Will Robinson!!!!
Might want to pull up diagrams of that model before pulling hard on anything.
Wood pretty thin there at the top, won't take much to lever crack that off.
I've taken these down, and on some models/brands, that screw for the hammer, acts as an attachment point for the wood.
Anything showing inside below the face of the action???
Designers loved to hide attachment screws on these darn things.
I fix broken ones often...

stickp

Contributor
FALaholic #
Others will have more advice, but avoid moving it up and down if possible. I prefer to clamp the receiver in a vice and pull rearward while supporting with both hands.

Invictus77

1C16:13
Staff member
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
This project got pushed to the side for now but will float to the top again in the not too distant future. Thanks for all the tips gents!