• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Remington Model of 1917

me1

FALaholic #
This was my gift to my wife for her 36th birthday several months back. We've a tradition of getting each other a new gun for birthdays.

She's got a thing for Enfields while I'm more of a Mauser guy. So I figured that I'd find her the best of both worlds. She's had a P14 in the past & loved it. But had never shot a M1917 Enfield before. So that was what I was specifically after (& I load quite a bit of .30-06, so ammo commonality helps). That & I picked up a gorgeous M1917 bayonet first that needed a rifle.

Ended up trading a nice Gewher 98 for probably one of the nicest M1917 you'll come across. With one super rare trait.

IMG_9635.jpg

IMG_9639.jpg

This is how the original will look on one of these rifles.
IMG_9646.jpg

IMG_9640.jpg

IMG_9649.jpg

September of 1918 barrel date.
IMG_9637.jpg

IMG_9644.jpg

IMG_9654.jpg
Now for that super rare trait I alluded to, this rifle has never been out of the stock. If you look closely, the action screws are still peened in place & the stock has the WW1 war eagle proof mark.
IMG_9648.jpg

With pig sticker. Back when folks took their killing seriously. Not sure if I'd rather be shot or stabbed. I've been shot before & it sucked, a lot. Never been stabbed. So I don't know if that'd suck more. Hope to never find out.
download (3).jpeg

Anyways, hope y'all enjoy the pictures.

Marlin781

Contributor
FALaholic #
Gorgeous rifle but I think it got refinished at some point. Looks like a black parkerizing which would have only been Eddystone. Note the two different color tones on the siderail. The barrel also appears to have a different color tone than the receiver. Beautiful M1917 nonetheless. Thanks for posting it!

me1

FALaholic #
Gorgeous rifle but I think it got refinished at some point. Looks like a black parkerizing which would have only been Eddystone. Note the two different color tones on the siderail. The barrel also appears to have a different color tone than the receiver. Beautiful M1917 nonetheless. Thanks for posting it!
Maybe, maybe not. I've seen others the same way & had it explained to me once why they're like that. Something about heat treatment. But I don't recall exactly for sure.

Arguably my all/time favorite milsurp- excellent sights but recoil impulse is kinda stout compared to many other milsurps.
Definitely is stout in the recoil department, but she's a recoil junky. I'm much more of a fan of my nice soft M38 Swede. Definitely is a hoot to shoot. Let a girl at the range we go to shoot it some a couple weeks back, she was ringing the 200 yard gong after 2 or 3 rounds.

I need to get my wife in that program too!

Beautiful rifle. Not many around like that these days. Enjoy it!
Thank you. She's a good wife & deserves it. Besides, she got me back for my 40th a couple wees ago. She got me a nice shooter Colt M1917 that I'd been drooling over.

C2A1

Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
That is very nice. I love the P14/17s. I like shooting the 17 over the 03 in terms of recoil. The 14 is a sweetheart.

me1

FALaholic #
Thanks y'all. She's definitely a wood & steel kinda woman. Especially the blakpowder milsurps. She's got a Springfield Trapdoor that she shoots regularly. Also has an original 1863 Sharps SRC in .54 percussion. I'm tempted to sneak that off for a Turnbull restoration as an anniversary / birthday present.

Oldest girl child shooting the aforementioned Trapdoor.
image000000(8).jpg