• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Range Report: STG58 Kit gun

Status

Alaska Aviator

FALaholic #
I'm stoked. Went to the range on Sunday to test fire my latest STG 58 kit gun. Built on Imbel receiver, w/ FSE H/T/S, Thermold mag, recrowned bbl, no brake. Used Portugese w/ FNM 80-9 HS. Two targets below were my last two 3 shot groups, both at 100 yds. Standard open sights from the bench.

No function problems, cycled on gas setting 5. I repeat "I'm stoked" it worked!

:D
AA

Deltaten

FALaholic #
Sheesh! Some guys have all the luck. You got the ONE sniper kit ever produced :D
That's some serious 100 yd iron sight work! But, I can see where your heart beat loused you up on the second target ;) Must be those "aviators" eyes, huh? Guess I just don't shoot the long guns enough, to be that "friendly" w/the sights. In a word....
Outstanding!

Regards,
Paul

FWRA

FALaholic #
Alaska Aviator,

Looks like flying isn't all you do well! :)
With a aluminum receiver FAL lightweight in the back of the plane and shootin' skills like that, I'd go salmon fishin' in the Kenai (sp?) River with you anyday and wouldn't feel the least bit threatened by brown bears, even if they had cubs. ;-)

Excellent shootin'! I'd even volunteer to be your rifle bearer too.

Best Regards,
Mark Powell
Stuck in the "flatlands" of Ohio. :-(

garandman

FALaholic #
That's a TERRIBLE group. Clearly, the rifle is substandard, and not allowing you to show your excellent marksmanship.

Being the good feller that I am. I will take that rifle off your hands for - $200.

Its OK - you don't have to thank me.

Alaska Aviator

FALaholic #
Thanks guys for all the sincere words of encouragement. This board with all the great members really has a "family" feel to it, kinda like a second home.

Hey Rick,

I was just gonna shoot you an email about my trip to New Mexico.

The barrel was recrowned at Federal. Harlan had a few kits with chopped and recrowned bbls that were listed as "good". He hand picked an excellent kit for me at no extra charge. Great guy. It's pretty close to my "excellent" matching part # US Armory kit that I payed an extra $100 for!

I'm gonna try to refinish this shooter this weekend - I'll post pics then.

AA

Status