• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

SOLD: R2/Namibian handguard and stock

FALaholic #
Have an extra R2/Namibian handguard and stock. The stock will need an end cap/guide rod, and buffer. The rubber butt pad is in great shape, which is hard to find with these. I also have a sling swivel set for the butt stock (not pictured) that is included. I just never got around to installing it.

Info added: Handguards might have been painted black at some point but faded so in person they look dark green at least to me.

Cross posted on gunbroker

Not interested in splitting up or trades at this time.

Price: 450 shipped

Payment methods accepted: zelle, cashapp, PayPal, USPS MO.

Last edited:

BigD82

FALaholic #
Indeed, im extremely familiar with the G3 in german configurations, thus i was confused by “the guide rod backcap” mentioned above... unless this uses some additional proprietary parts.... i am unaware as this setup has always alluded me, and have not had one in hand as of yet... thanks, im just unfamiliar and would like to learn more of this configuration

Last edited:

Danziger

FALaholic #
Think of it as just a different shaped stock for a G3 variant minus the recoil spring and buffer. The forarm is the wide hand guard version with bipod cutout only ventilated.
81B5A917-F028-4B15-9995-BC790FD3B531.jpeg

BigD82

FALaholic #
Yessir, my primary point of interest, was the means in which the buttpad attaches...

a standard g3 stock utilizes a 2 small screws which afix the buffer assembly through the backplate into the brass bosses within the buttstoke, then uses a larger screw throught the rear hollow section of the buttstock into the backside of the buffer, then the buttplate attaches via spring clips that clip over the reinforcement bushings that are through the buttstock...

this configuration uses the same buttplate assembly which on a fal uses a screw that goes into the plug the screws into the return tube shoulder bolt, i just wasnt sure if there was an extended coupler screw that interfaced between the G3 buffer assembly and the buttpad retaining screw in this configuration,
Much thanks BigD aka Derek

jmb221

FALaholic #
Thought id add that the stock on these takes metric fal hardware, so if you arent a fan of the butt pad or length of pull that comes with it, you can always swap it out. I swapped mine out with a dsa metric one. Basically how the stock works is that the attachment point is the same as a g3, but the ergos are that of an fal. I like it way more than the g3 stock, and it is much easier to get a cheek weld. To add to this, the polymer formulation used in the namibian furniture is much more durable than the hk furniture. There is a reason you still see the handguard in particular being used in random african conflicts.

Last edited: