• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Question for you AUG fans.

Douglas S Graham

FALaholic #
I am left handed. Is the bolt the only mod. needed for left handed shooting??? TIA. Doug.
PS, a LONG time ago, shouldered a FA Aug, thought to myself, something doesn't feel right. Thank the LORD I didn't pull the trigger. Ultra cool gun.

ftierson

FALaholic #
I am left handed. Is the bolt the only mod. needed for left handed shooting??? TIA. Doug.
PS, a LONG time ago, shouldered a FA Aug, thought to myself, something doesn't feel right. Thank the LORD I didn't pull the trigger. Ultra cool gun.
I had a left-handed friend ask to shoot mine (set up right-handed) out at the range one day several years ago.

I wasn't paying much attention as he was shuffling stuff around on the shooting bench and just happened to look up just as he was ready to touch off the first round, with his cheek right over the ejection port. I yelled for him to stop and, luckily, my yell didn't make his trigger finger flinch (well, then again, the original Steyr AUG is not known for a really sensitive trigger :) ).

I'm sure that the rifle would have ejected the cartridge case right through his cheek. Who knows what damage might have also been done to his teeth.

So, Yes, it is something to 'worry' about when you let others shoot your AUG...

Forrest

raubvogel

Contributor
FALaholic #
Remember: only the AUG that uses the original cartridge can be switched to lefty mode.

If I were in your shoes, I would get the lefty bolt, swap it, and shove the righty bolt in the buttstock.