• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Pig in a poke, or diamonds in the rough ey

the gman

FALaholic #
That kind of thing was extremely common in Commonwealth service. Seen lots of Lee-Enfield and L1A1 butts made into cribbage boards and pen holders like this. Usually made by the armourers as 'going away' gifts when a member of the unit was getting posted out or retiring. Attached to an artillery unit in Germany from 1991 through 1994, I'm sure I used a pallet load of brass making plaques engraved with various inscriptions, converted more 105mm brass shell casings into bells and ashtrays than you could shake a large sized stick at and made a metric ass ton of model cannons (out of brass) in all sizes from ones that would fit on a desk to others than needed to sit on the floor. The Gunners have a natural affinity for brass and love it when its highly polished and shiny as fuck... :ROFLMAO:

BriarJumper

FALaholic #
I'd leave it be were it mine. It's an interesting piece of Canadian Forces and C1 history. And who knows, that lower may have been legitimately replaced in service.
While I will keep the parts I need, after that I’m donating it to a good home where it has a strong sentimental value ☺👍🏻