• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

P-38 value?

lew

FALaholic #
Russian dipped? Open sear? These vary a lot- $1000ish to 2k
I'm going to assume by the very deep bluing and the struck and restamped serial number that the Russkis got their mitts on it. I'll check for the sear type.

Thanks a lot thus far.

lew

FALaholic #
Would I be an idiot for pricing it at $1400-$1500 and hoping for a not-prolonged sale period?

I like the pistol, but it's a safe queen. I've function-tested those five mags and maybe ran a couple more mags-worth through in the six years I've had it. Great shooter with my mild handloads, though.

VALMET

M62/76
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Legacy has a non-dipped AC41 for $1650 that has sat awhile.

Last edited:

lew

FALaholic #
Legacy has a non-dipped AC41 for $1650 that has sat awhile.

Not exactly what I want to hear, but I do appreciate at least one indicator of price. I'll get some pictures of it this week and get it posted.

adbm3

FALaholic #
Checkpoint Charlie and Simpson are also good "References". One has to keep in mind that these are all dealers (especially Legacy) who enthusiastically set prices. If one follows these postings long enough one will notice the same postings for a very long time. In defense, Checkpoint Charlie tends to be more reasonable. Gunbroker is so all over the map that a read has to be done overall and a reasonable mean considered in those prices. Again, items tend to sit there a long time due to aforementioned enthusiastic pricing and the fact that a lot of the collectors for this stuff are dying. The kiddies like plastic guns. Given that consumer debt is at an all time high with pricing inflation of 20%, and an intractable Fed, collectible pricing hasn't yet adjusted itself to current market conditions- yet.