• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Opinion on STG/Enterprise

SSPRacing

FALaholic #
Have a decent STG kit with Steyr proofed barrel. Like the rifle and it shoots great. However it came to me in need of a few things on an Enterprise type 3 unibrow receiver. No issues and it runs and feeds great.

I’ve considered rebuilding it on a DSA - my only gripe with the enterprise is just rough machine work and finish out inside. Is it worth the money of another receiver or just run it?

Invictus77

1C16:13 - J1:9
Staff member
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
If it works it works and it will remain a kit gun regardless of what receiver you have. Resale would be more if on an LMT or an Imbel, but not so much as to justify the cost of buying and rebuilding on an LMT or Imbel. Again, if it works, it works. Go shoot it!

GSO

FALaholic #
Another vote for "if it works, don't fix it." That said, Mark has a less that enthusiastic review but does say that a good many of the issues were correctable when assembled. I would think checking headspace regularly would let you know if things are going sideways with it.

Also, the pedant in me forces me to say that I believe it is "Entreprise" not "Enterprise."

SSPRacing

FALaholic #
Another vote for "if it works, don't fix it." That said, Mark has a less that enthusiastic review but does say that a good many of the issues were correctable when assembled. I would think checking headspace regularly would let you know if things are going sideways with it.

Also, the pedant in me forces me to say that I believe it is "Entreprise" not "Enterprise."
Gun headspaces fine. It’s on the tight side, runs everything I shoot but doesn’t quite close on a Forster GO. I thought about loosening it up but have had no issues. It also a pretty tight shooter.

Everything is slick and smooth. It just looks like crap inside. Lots of tool marks etc.

GSO

FALaholic #
Gun headspaces fine. It’s on the tight side, runs everything I shoot but doesn’t quite close on a Forster GO. I thought about loosening it up but have had no issues. It also a pretty tight shooter.

Everything is slick and smooth. It just looks like crap inside. Lots of tool marks etc.
Sounds like the solution is "don't look at the inside." At least that's what I would do.

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
Seriously, if it aint broke, don't "fix" it.

Its a PARTS gun.

Whatever its worth, its worth because its a SHOOTER.

Just sure as you go fucking with it, you'll turn a gun with provenance of reliability into just another configuration of parts-kit, and with no known history of reliability.

If you want something that has any sort of "collector" value, buy a genuine import that hasn't been fucked with. You'll pay a lot of money for it. And you can sit around and look at it because you don't want to "spoil" its collectability.

Apply your effort toward enjoying the gun as it exists. Preferably ON THE RANGE and not lying across mama's blue chenille bed-throw while you take pics of it to show to strangers on the internet.

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #

If it cycles, leave it alone.

Nobody cares about the tool marks. They are inherent to the nature of what it is.

All anybody cares about with a parts gun is how well you can operate it.

Some folks might even say you are opening a big can of worms putting a different BRAND-X receiver on the gun, because the knowledgable folks know a thing or two about BRAND-X. Not all of it is good. If you read a few posts about BRAND-X, you won't be completely late to the party.