• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

No more fish antibiotics for your little friends.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
FYI Heartlandvetsupply.com is down...... probably fedgov ordered them to stop

Back up and taking orders now!

EinheitElf

FALaholic #
I've been using these guys for several years now, have an order pending currently. No CC, Bitcoin or cash only (check). Takes about 30-40 days through customs. They won't sell you the hard stuff but BP meds and antibiotics aren't an issue. They will probably shut them down next too.
Do they sell the amoxycillin, zythro,etc??

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Well, checked HVS and every search for what yellowhand last ordered plus the others listed by another member come up'no results,not found ,... motherfuckers!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Oh and can't even find my order at all..

Site was down, when you mentioned it, but looks to be working now????????

Try clearing your "cookies files".

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Hmmm... well I will has to contact them and maybe order under a different med name or discription?
But I need to see wth happened to my order.
I called them on mine, forget why, but everything showed up, quickly.

******Remember now,,,,,they had a problem processing the order via computer, with my street address, where they fed ex orders and po box, for payments.

They ship FEd Ex or UPS ground, so if ya used a po box, won't go through, will need to call them.

I just placed another order, it took........

Jaxxas

Don't Tread On Me!
FALaholic #
Do they sell the amoxycillin, zythro,etc??

Yep, my most recent order below....

--------------------------------------------------
Qty. Item Price
5 VERIDEX (IVERMECTIN) 4TAB 6MG $ 9.08
5 CIPRO (ciprofloxacin) 500MG 1 $ 6.65
Subtotal: $ 78.65
Shipping cost (Shipping info): $ 12.50

Total (USD): $ 91.15

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Bottom line, don't matter where ya get this stuff, just get it,,,,,,,,,,,,

Like everything else, in time stocking, if a run is made on antibiotics, or Tylenol, anything in the drug store, it runs out in 20 minutes.

All of this, is just a cheap ass insurance policy.

40 bucks today,,,,,possibly priceless tomorrow.

This below is for @W.E.G. ,,,,,its cold outside back there!!! 1704389355334.png

1704389355334.png

Exit308

Veritas et Aequitas
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I guess the only trick with helping out our pets with these is identifying gram-negative vs. gram positive bacterial infections.

Papadoc

FALaholic #
I guess the only trick with helping out our pets with these is identifying gram-negative vs. gram positive bacterial infections.
Hell, does anyone do a gram stain anymore? They used to do culture and sensitivity tests all the time before proscribing antibiotics, I haven't see one of those run in years. :(

Exit308

Veritas et Aequitas
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Hell, does anyone do a gram stain anymore? They used to do culture and sensitivity tests all the time before proscribing antibiotics, I haven't see one of those run in years. :(
So, what is the new and improved method for prescribing antibiotics for my fish?

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
So, what is the new and improved method for prescribing antibiotics for my fish?

Training, education, and experience....

Most folks get antibiotics, with zero lab test ran at all.

Get ya a Merch Manuel, for diagnostics and meds to use, priceless...for your sick fish...............

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I bought a Merck Manual based on @yellowhand 's recommendation. I had The Pill Book before that. I now use both.

Carried it in my aid bad every single time I ever picked up my aid bag, never killed no one either.

As a matter of fact, its still residing in my aid bag today.

It covers about everything that can be done in an emergency or a world with doctors,clinics, and hospitals.

Easy to read and understand.

Jaxxas

Don't Tread On Me!
FALaholic #
Years back, at an eye doctor, my contacts were giving me shits. He does his visual exam and tells me he sees signs of a virus in my eyes (?) and he going to give me an antibiotic. Me struggling to remember HS biology, finally come up with something like 'I thought antibiotics didn't work on virus's?' He kinda stared at me on pause for a moment then said something like, Well you're right, but just to err on the side of caution. I didn't take the meds nor did I wear contacts again, nor see that doctor again, problem cleared up on it's own.

SWOHFAL

FALaholic #
Years back, at an eye doctor, my contacts were giving me shits. He does his visual exam and tells me he sees signs of a virus in my eyes (?) and he going to give me an antibiotic. Me struggling to remember HS biology, finally come up with something like 'I thought antibiotics didn't work on virus's?' He kinda stared at me on pause for a moment then said something like, Well you're right, but just to err on the side of caution. I didn't take the meds nor did I wear contacts again, nor see that doctor again, problem cleared up on it's own.
The eye is immunologically protected - any inflammation response would affect internal pressures, etc. and damage the optic nerve, so the immune system really does not work there to the extent elsewhere. Antibiotics can have side effect that also cause nerve damage, though it's usually the ear that is noticeably damaged. Any doctor who isn't on top of that is definitely someone to stay away from.