• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

No more fish antibiotics for your little friends.

Exit308

Veritas et Aequitas
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
<iframe width="937" height="527" src="
" title="Fish and Bird Antibiotics OTC Banned By FDA, Dr. Joseph Alton" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EinheitElf

FALaholic #
Yea that is bullshit, they pulled similar shit way pre covid regarding a flea pill called capstar, give pill to your cat or dog, kills all fleas on them quick style and then proceed with the monthly treatment.
Now you have to have a prescription for it from the vet because it is given orally.... such fkn booolshit.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Yep, just tried a couple of places not listed, won't take the order! :mad:

Back to the old fashioned method,,,, see ya local doc for a head cold, have him or her write a Rx for 100 of something every now and then.

If you've been a patient for a while, most will accommodate you to build up a stash for emergencies.

These fucking assholes in DC............

rowjimmy

Purveyor of Truth
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
As of right now it seems like they took my order but I’m not sure:

The quantities and breadth of selection have really diminished (30 caps in lieu of 100)

My fish and birds respond well to these.

tommygun2000

FALaholic #
As of right now it seems like they took my order but I’m not sure:

The quantities and breadth of selection have really diminished (30 caps in lieu of 100)

My fish and birds respond well to these.
They'll want a prescription. I had an order all filled out and just cancelled it.

I can get a written prescription from my vet and bring it to the drugstore and pay about $4.00 for what they charge 40 dollars for.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
They'll want a prescription. I had an order all filled out and just cancelled it.

I can get a written prescription from my vet and bring it to the drugstore and pay about $4.00 for what they charge 40 dollars for.

I tried twice last evening, everything was fine, then a pop up, order canceled, no explanation.

They hit my credit card, but 30 seconds later, put the money back in the account.

Added;
It was a computer error on their part.

The smaller places did not get the cease order to stop selling these antibiotics across the counter, so far, so, ya got some wiggle room.

Last edited:

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
OK, this place is still selling what you want/need, just placed the order, over the phone.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Thanks @yellowhand . I just placed an order. I have some on hand but might as well get more while I can from the US.
They are shutting it down at the large places, I tried Chewy, funny name, but were good prices, and nope, no sales.

Cipro is one to get,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if you only get one, it treats a whole lot of stuff,,,,some of the really bad "stuff".

C-ya

One day at a time...
Contributor
FALaholic #
I got amoxicillin, ciprofloxacin, and azithromycin. Amox works on me but not the wife and daughters. A Z-pak works on them, and the Cipro as well.

I have bought from these guys before but I usually used Jeffers Pet, but theirs was already pulled.

rowjimmy

Purveyor of Truth
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
OK, this place is still selling what you want/need, just placed the order, over the phone.

Nah, they're asking for a script.

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
IMG_1077.jpeg

Orange ones (top right) didn’t completely clear this thing that’s had me

IMG_1092.jpeg

IMG_1067.jpeg

Back to the stash!

Hmmm… This drawer smells like curry

IMG_1075.jpeg

IMG_1076.jpeg

Let’s try the yellow ones

IMG_1081.jpeg

Last edited:

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
They always put an expiration date of a couple years out on them.

Degradation is a function of storage conditions much more than some arbitrary date on a label in the case of MOST factory-packaged oral meds.

Heat is always the enemy.