• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

new project

KoKodog

FALaholic #
since release from hospital and 2 therapy sites I'm still not getting around the way I should
I have things that need my attention outside and its finally not feeling like the surface of the sun so I need to get out and around, I can stand w/ the walker and even let go of it and stand

considering all options this must be electric so that I do not have to be screwing around w/ gas or premix other fuels

a electric wheelchair is usually useless on wet grass and my yard has a decent slope, driveway is loose stone and I've been racking my brain for weeks trying to come up w/ a solution that costs less than $20,000.00 see examples below
https://ezraiderus.com/ << I really like this one, but w/ a seat

was going to try reworking a go kart kit w/ a brushless DC electric motor, then saw a rear axle kit w/ electric motor mounted on the axle, problem is too wide to get thru the front door, batteries do not do well if left to freeze ( 12v 20A/Hr x 4 = 48 volts )

saw a electric mobility trike from england that I could step thru but w/ shipping it would be at least $6K

so now I think I need to find a four wheeler w/ a blown engine, pull it, the exhaust, gas tank and chop the frame to make it step thru, install a 48 volt 1000 watt dc brushless motor and 4 batteries w/ charger and controller , need to make a battery box that is easy pull to bring inside when temps are below zero ............ this will be a real neck snapper and will take great attention to get into the learning curve without hospitalization

what do you think ?

STG_58_guy

I'm not this cute IRL
Platinum Contributor
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Very Cool. But what happened to you?

:(

Edit: $14k for the Coyote seems high. It should cost less than an entry level 4 wheeler. $4k and $2500 of that is motor and battery.

Last edited:

harleyrider

Where’d I set my drink?
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
What about something like these, designed for outside/offroad

HR

KoKodog

FALaholic #
settled on this, honest comparison of costs, work involved, ass kissing for help to do the project and other issues and this became my obvious choice

now just wait for it to ship, assemble it, overnight to charge and try hard not to do a Benny Hill right off the bat, trike = slow speeds to turn or oh shit

no Li-ion battery so no real fire issues out of the box, 4 sealed lead acid batteries 12 V 12 a/hr (similar to a security panel battery), have no plans on racing around trying out top speed, should be able to get it thru front door so batteries don't freeze outside when it gets bitter cold

a better choice would be the Excalibur 48 SLA but my wallet cannot do it

Last edited: