• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

New Glock 49 Is Out Now

VALMET

M62/76
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Most Glock fans, present company excluded of course, will sing it's praises and worship at the alter.
It won't move the needle on my scale one bit. There's never been a better Glock made since the 19, full stop.
As an admitted G19 addict, save the Glock 21- which is the greatest .45 ever manufactured (except for maybe the G41), I concur.
1700333621984.gif

*Bracing for the 1911 crowd*

ByronF

FALaholic #
I grip-chopped a po-po 23 that was also converted to 9mm. Let's me feed it any of my mags (G17 or G19). I like it. Not enough to buy a new pistol, though.

Impala_Guy

FALaholic #
I originally thought the 19X was a goofy, one off model until I got one in my hands and fell in love with it. Don’t see that happening with the 49
There was at least some precedence for it with the Colt Commander. What I find ridiculous are the high dollar Wilson Combat et al customizations of a polymer framed gun that is already more accurate than 90% can actually use, and stone cold reliable.

lew

FALaholic #
There was at least some precedence for it with the Colt Commander. What I find ridiculous are the high dollar Wilson Combat et al customizations of a polymer framed gun that is already more accurate than 90% can actually use, and stone cold reliable.

My M&Ps have most of that shit... without that joke of a price. Oh, sorry, they don't have that name attached, either.

gunshooter

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
It's basically a Lone Wolf-Timber Wolf grip with a full length slide.

https://lonewolfdist.com/firearms/frames/timberwolf-frames/

I like the Lone Wolf grip with a Gen 4 Glock 23 slide.

For the PSA dagger frame, I prefer the after market 23 and 19 slides.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-dagger/frames-frame-parts/compact-frames.html

The poly80 frames are ok as well.

Problem is tolerance stacking amongst the different manufacturers. Glocks are all made in the same factories and they all read the prints the same way and have one set of tolerances. It took a while to get these aftermarket frames and parts sets to work and play well together.

Have to run a $hit ton of ammo through them to see if they can be counted on when the heat is on.

:cool:

L Haney

Seriously Ponderin'
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Shooting Glocks is like fucking retards. Easy to do, but do you really want your friends to know?

Hat tip Valmet, you knew it was gonna' happen. {*Bracing for the 1911 crowd*}