• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

New FN-Cs to be imported this year

Bulletboy5150

FALaholic #
I actually was working with these guys 2 years ago to import the fnc. It was very difficult and the comms were sporadic at best. I translated every part off their parts diagram into English for them so they could file for export permits. All I can say to the importer is best of luck.
@DSARMS_REP What caused the deal to fall through? Why were you not able to get the import? I've recently read things that say the ATF is basically not approving imports of rifle caliber pistols anymore, was that basically the case you had as well? FNC has been a grail gun for me.

Last edited:

kroberts

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Pindad and the importer ought to be able to make money on these for $2k if PSA can sell SL8 rifles for a grand. The markup on those HKs must be impressive if purchased in the quantities PSA can manage.

hansellhd

FALaholic #
Those with early import FNCs are going to be lobbying HARD for .gov to ban their import. Watch. It's going to happen.
They may make the original FNC's all that more popular..................Anyhow I won't be lobbing anyone for anything.

I would like to see them come in for parts availability, then I might actually shoot the one I own..................lol

FALaholic #
Spare parts is the biggest thing I want to see happen with these. Also just having another factory variant to add to the collection.

If these do happen and prices continue to drop, it's a win for the community and people interested in firearms. The scalpers/speculators/grifters had a good run from 2020-2023. Their shrinking profit margins are of little concern.

Andy the Aussie

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
You’d think these wouldn’t be too expensive if they’re coming out of a developing country like Indonesia.
........ initial purchase price maybe not (though the Indons are not going to do it for free either given the standard FNC is no longer produced for their military and this will need the ATF acceptable FA delete) but then add on the costs of getting them out of the country (read between the lines) and then into the US with support, marketing etc. They won't be cheap mostly because the quantity involved will not be large enough to make them cheap. Think about the Egyptian Maddi AKs that first landed in the US in the 80s. Pindad does not have the best reputation for quality either. Their ammunition was some of the absolutely prettiest yet inconsistent stuff you could get (about a million rounds of 7.62 was imported and sold here).

SmittyS101

FALaholic #
Those with early import FNCs are going to be lobbying HARD for .gov to ban their import. Watch. It's going to happen.
Nope. Considering most won't and can't really shoot theirs without the fear of an irreplaceable part breaking. I personally own two Belgian FNCs, and I'm nothing but ecstatic that I can continue to shoot mine now without the fear of parts breaking.

Last edited:

Bulletboy5150

FALaholic #
I"m not sure why they're even trying the 'pistol' route, they can be imported as straight-pull bolt-action rifles (no gas port) and finished in America. That's how IWI does it!

Eli
That is a pretty ingenious way to do it! It seems from the videos they are going to try it the pistol route however. Whatever it is I hope they are able to get them in stateside.

Any ideas/guesses at the street price if they do make it over here?

JNL

FALaholic #
Atlantic Firearms on AKFiles mentioned that when they asked Pindad if the guns had been approved for import, they were unable to get an answer. They also mentioned that almost no new "rifle caliber" pistols with longer than 16in barrels have been approved for import recently due to a new ATF decision. Seems like these might not come in for a while if at all unless a miracle happens.

paco

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
If you want to know more on the Pindad : Indonesian FNC Pindad SS1 versus Belgian FN FNC https://www.falfiles.com/threads/ra...sus-original-indonesian-pindad-ss1-v1.417197/

The ultimate Belgian Army FN FNC M2-M3 toppic MUST SEE! https://www.falfiles.com/threads/th...fnc-m3-rifle-accesoiries-mods-details.451972/
Updated with several chapters recently...

How to change an FN FNC barrel : https://www.falfiles.com/threads/fn-fnc-belgian-army-arsenal-barrel-changing-pics-info.488865/

You'r welcome ; )
Paco

Bubacus

FALaholic #
Given this combo went for just shy of $20K, the Pindads will be great beater hosts for registered sears. Apparently there are more auto sears registered than actual FNCs imported:

A little history on auto-sears for the FNC:

Impala_Guy

FALaholic #
Too bad FN doesnt have the vision to see a market for their classic guns. They could easily import FALs and FNCs from Imbel and Pindad and finish them here with stocks, trigger parts and mags and make some serious bank. But at the end of the day they have one US plant and civilian long guns arent a priority to them. Plus they cant wipe their asses without approval from Herstal. Maybe now that they are going to build a second plant upstate for their handguns that will change.