• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Need a FAL para nose cut - GREATER SALT LAKE (UT) Area

The Chief

Farkën Snêekee Bastïtch
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Have an Imbel receiver, would like to get the para nose cut done. Not essential, but if can be done for a decent price, it'd be nice to have. Also, I live in Layton, UT and really don't wanna ship if I don't need to. If you're within an hour of ZIP 84041 and have the setup (and are willing) to do this, please PM me! Thanks for reading :)
:fal:
--Art

Hebrew Battle Rifle

Horses Ass
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Do you have a and drill? If so, go here

https://www.mcmaster.com/#counterbores/=16vfnnd buy the high speed counter bore size 19/32. I'll send you a pilot and extension and you make the para cut yourself. When done, if you haven't dorked up the counter bore, send it and the other parts to me and I'll split the cost of the counterbore with you. Thats puts you out about $40 of so with shipping and such. Deal?

(Go slow and use lots of oil and you won't dork up the counterbore)

The Chief

Farkën Snêekee Bastïtch
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Anyone have a pilot and drill extension I might borrow/purchase?

I have the cutter, but no further contact as mentioned in previous post...

The Chief

Farkën Snêekee Bastïtch
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
HBR did me a solid, sending me the other bits to do the para nose cut. After I was done, the cutter is about 97% from brand-new--I took it real slow, used my drill press at about 220 RPM (with a very precisely rigged jig...involving a piece of OSB board and two 'C' clamps LOL), cleaned the chips out often, and used about a half-ounce of cutting fluid. I am super pleased with the result, as you can see below...just did a bit of de-burring, ready for build and refinish. HBR will still get a lot of use out of this cutter, it is still in near new condition. I must say I'm quite proud of myself :biggrin: