• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Mausers built in Ankara

AlanDPhD

FALaholic #
I am trying to find someone well versed in Mauser rifles manufactured in the early to mid-thirties in Ankara. Does anyone on here possess such knowledge? I am in possession of two and they are quite different.

Last edited:

MilsurpMonkey

Red-headed Step Child
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
For the most part, the Turks did not produce the rifles. Generally what will be marked as Ankara, or K. Kale Ankara is a reworked German made rifle. They did this with a wide variety of models so identification would require photos (good photos).

easttex

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
For the most part, the Turks did not produce the rifles. Generally what will be marked as Ankara, or K. Kale Ankara is a reworked German made rifle. They did this with a wide variety of models so identification would require photos (good photos).
+1

The Turks never met a Mauser model they wouldn't buy and I think they bought everything the Mauser cartel offered them. Then, sometime around 1938, they decided to rearsenal their armories full of mis-matched Mausers and "standardize" on a general design across their forces. Turkish Mausers are an interesting lot because no two may be the same.

Post some photos and maybe we can help you out.