• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

M14 Website

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
In addition to Coolbicycling.com, CoolClimbing.com, CoolTravelling.com, CoolHamRado.com and a dozen others that got attacked several years ago sites got hacked bad and then deleted over 100 pages from each URL (company was stealing high resolution photos then selling as stock images, t-shirts, posters, coffee cups, etc) to get all the content had put at too high resolution and without watermarks or intellectual property warnings. Let them dangle all messed up for day retire and have time to fix. Also have over two dozen firearms related URLs. Left CoolFirearms and CoolShooting alone from the big purge but began building CoolBulletProofing, ChurchSecurityVolunteers.com and CoolAR15.com which still needs tons of work but is begun with AR15 site.

Placed one to three page "placeholders" for CoolAmmunition, CoolReloading, CoolBullets and some others when got to realizing now have over two dozen Coolxxxx firearms URLs just paying fees for with zero content. Complicating me rebuilding all my sites and beginning CoolAR15.com was had thousands of photos hosted on Tinypic to take burden off my server. When Photobucket purchased Tinypic paid to have all my content moved but somehow they "lost" and had to delete hundreds more pages that had no photos. Was kind of whacked when all Photobucket did was offer to reimburse my fees, not put any effort into recovery.

Been going back through Files and remembering the big hack we had. If Files and/or Photobucket went down or PB decided no longer hostimg gun photos a ton of information could be lost. An anonymous prolific poster gave me permission to use his content about two weeks ago. Been downloading, editing and improving photos best I can, organizing and now back to 2019 and have 28 pages and well over 400 maybe 500 photos now on my near "bombproof" server. Two others (need some information to fatten some pages not launched yet) have given me permission to use their content as well so www.CoolM14.com is up and running.

Paco has given permission to borrow all his content for CoolFNFAL.com, CoolL1a1.com and others but its been two weeks of 12 hour days sorting almost three years of M14 content while trying to get a CoolAR15.com update ready to launch. Have Cool1911, CoolWheelGuns, CoolSilencers, CoolMachineGuns, CoolKilling.com, CoolHKs, CoolPistols, CoolShotguns and when finish getting enough M14 content archived and organized CoolFNFAL.com and Cool10-22s.com will likely be next targets. Once get photos borrowed, photoshopped, words edited and organized plan is to find a professional to fix it all. Only looks on my desktops and laptops that have all my custom fonts installed.

If viewer does not have fonts I selected their computer or device substitutes whatever it wants. On small screens and really big screens it gets wonky as I am a web hack and have no idea what am doing beyond the photo editing and such. Once get enough content and some help will be making it work across all platforms and devices in a decent manor. My lawyer has begun a Trust which has enough money at present to pay all fees for URLs and hosting for a decade and plan to put more in account as content increases so if say half dozen sites go down because government makes advertising hard and people quit hosting sites will have as much as able to move with permission in my lifetime.

Am afraid in a decade there won't be hundreds and thousands of websites with gun content and can even see Wikipedia banning gun content if government pressures them hard enough. Lawyer already has son in practice and grandson in college with plan to carry family practice on for a long time. I pay an annual fee that gets me cell numbers and answers to questions or someone at the jailhouse 27/7/365 thats not a public defender. Have www.CoolM14.com far enough along and another week of sitting in recliner or laying in bed and my OCD tendencies are going bonkers.

Need help fixing mistakes and filling in content. Am short on IDF M14 information but my guess is as go farther back it will appear. Doing a push every day and in next few days my "M14 Parts" page is splitting from one growing page to four pages separating barrels, receivers, triggers, and other parts into separate pages like had to do with stocks. Same with tips page and others. Someone has been a busy boy and archiving his work to help preserve is like real work. Any tips can put in thread or send as PMs, two of three contributors want total anonymity so thats how playing the site and will do same to CoolAR15 so does not look like personal page.

For now all are getting put on my CrowderInc.com top domain but once have enough to warrant going to move all domains under a separate top domain of CoolFirearms.com and CoolShooting.com so my personal stuff does not taint others content but for now having business pay for over fifty total URLs, hosting and bandwidth especially when begin adding video costs enough money to buy a nice rifle every year but want everyone's grandkids, greats and great greats to be able to figure out how to fix those items they find in the bottom of lakes and oceans that were victims of boating accidents. This is not to sell ad space but if when it gets more complete and spiffy if someone wants to give parts and prodeals to contributors for smal tasteful ads may consider. Since linking every part discussed to makers websites they are already getting it for free. Money is last reason am doing this.

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Thanx, that is enough to at least like the page with what I have found thus far. Farther in time I go back seems like the better it gets so those who only ceck first page or two are missing a lot but hopefully its easier to search now. Have permission on another boat paddle and some other better posts from others but n the groove of moving backwards for now so will burn through 2019 and see how it goes.

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
While this page is still thin this is how I try to manipulate images to focus more on the rifles and pull some details out from the shadows.

IDF BUILD ON BULA/ROCK-OLA RECEIVER

Mage cropped and then played with contrast and brightness, cant perform miracles with low resolution jpgs but can make them better.