• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

"Love gun"

J308

FALaholic #
I was today years old when I found out this was a thing. Now I have another reason I wanna visit Germany. Gotta wonder why you'd wanna pistol with a heart shaped bore, but I guess it makes a pretty good talking point..

Earlofsquirrel

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
^^^ Where my mind went... maybe I'm sick? o_O
At least you’re in good company 🤣. I was reprimanded by the girlfriend for loudly singing KISS before 8am, even got the kid in on it

Since seeing this movie I can’t hear that song without thinking of this:

Pluribus

Testudo Sicario & Mediocris Albus Diaboli
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I am reminded of the movie with Brad Pitt called “the Mexican“ that’s pretty damn funny actually. Lots of black, dark humor. James Gandolfini and, Julia Roberts. Not a Julia Roberts fan but, she’s funny as the nutsy bitch one likes to hate in this movie.

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
That KISS album came with inserts that you could fold into an actual “Love Gun.”

You held the paper love gun in your hand and snapped it forward with some force. This action would cause a paper part to flip outward, making a (weak) “pop” sound.

Too bad geriatric Gene Simmons can’t shut up about his retarded COOF notions. But no surprise that he wouldn’t let an opportunity for his control-freak personality flame up.

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
When I went to my first KISS concert, I had to get my parents to write a check, and we had to mail the check to the venue (Roanoke Civic Center), and wait for the tickets to arrive in the mail.

My daddy drove me and three of my ne'er-do-well longhair buddies to Roanoke, and he sat in the McDonald's across the street while we were in the concert. I was fourteen at the time. It was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen (not exaggerating - it really was) in my whole life at that point. I believe that was actually the "DESTROYER" tour.

The next KISS tour was the "LOVE GUN" tour, and most of us were sixteen (and driving) at that point. We went to that concert too. I'd seen some stuff, and been through some stuff, by that ripe old age. I was MUCH LESS impressed by KISS by the second concert. Pretty sure I passed up an opportunity to get laid back in hometown in order to go to Roanoke to see KISS with some dudes. Which was a lousy bargain in the context of my mood at the time.

I puked like crazy on the concrete floor of the Roanoke Civic Center during a Ted Nugent concert in '79. I'm sure that stained the concrete big time. When I took the state bar exam there in '89, the puke stain was still there! I spent two entire days marking down the answer as "C" - and looking at that puke stain. They even made us wear formal attire to take the test. I haven't been back to that place since then.

Ol okie

FALaholic #
When I went to my first KISS concert, I had to get my parents to write a check, and we had to mail the check to the venue (Roanoke Civic Center), and wait for the tickets to arrive in the mail.

My daddy drove me and three of my ne'er-do-well longhair buddies to Roanoke, and he sat in the McDonald's across the street while we were in the concert. I was fourteen at the time. It was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen (not exaggerating - it really was) in my whole life at that point. I believe that was actually the "DESTROYER" tour.

The next KISS tour was the "LOVE GUN" tour, and most of us were sixteen (and driving) at that point. We went to that concert too. I'd seen some stuff, and been through some stuff, by that ripe old age. I was MUCH LESS impressed by KISS by the second concert. Pretty sure I passed up an opportunity to get laid back in hometown in order to go to Roanoke to see KISS with some dudes. Which was a lousy bargain in the context of my mood at the time.

I puked like crazy on the concrete floor of the Roanoke Civic Center during a Ted Nugent concert in '79. I'm sure that stained the concrete big time. When I took the state bar exam there in '89, the puke stain was still there! I spent two entire days marking down the answer as "C" - and looking at that puke stain. They even made us wear formal attire to take the test. I haven't been back to that place since then.
Lol always pick C when in doubt.

davedude

FALaholic #

I used to hate people who puked at concerts. Everybody is having a good time but then some low life mofo commits party foul by pukin in the middle of everything. Worst I saw was the lady who leaned over the seat in front of her and filled another's purse full up and overflowing with vomit. The stream had some velocity so the purse was filled in an instant and sloshed up over the top edge. I forget what concert that was, probably something at Hampton Roads coliseum mid 70's.
Worst thing I ever did at a concert was drop a full 1.75l of whiskey I had hidden under my coat while waiting in line to get in one of those shows back then. Security all around. Tried to act like nothing happened and just left it there on the floor like an idiot. Should have picked it up.....

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
I always told my kid NEVER TALK TO THE COPS!!!

Little shit never listens to ANYTHING I say. Well, except this one time:

University police raid his dorm room. Everybody in the room under drinking age. There is literally ONE BEER sitting out in the open. All the other kids in the room cop to it, and get written up. Some sort of academic-policy charge.

My kid stands there like a well-trained autist. Not speaking. Not moving. Not blinking. And definitely looking straight thrould whatever was the University version of Barney Fife fifteen years ago. Sort of like the way he would always look at me when I was riding his ass about some shit. Or so I'm told.

Little shit is holding a "handle" under his jacket during the whole charade.
He's kinda big for a little shit, so I guess Barney couldn't tell that there was some big-ass object under the coat.

University police didn't get him or the "handle."

Couldn't say whether there was any puking involved.

Story

FALaholic #
I used to hate people who puked at concerts. Everybody is having a good time but then some low life mofo commits party foul by pukin in the middle of everything. Worst I saw was the lady who leaned over the seat in front of her and filled another's purse full up and overflowing with vomit. The stream had some velocity so the purse was filled in an instant and sloshed up over the top edge. I forget what concert that was, probably something at Hampton Roads coliseum mid 70's.
All Hands Club @ Naval Base [Redacted] almost 20 years ago; Friday night, some female (turns out USN E4 from visiting Destroyer) sits on club seawall about 10' from our table, drops trou and proceeds to start adding to the bay water. "Yo Yo Yo Yo".

She ceases and desists, only to show up again about 20 minutes later at the 50 gal drum trash can, where she bends over and with head/shoulders inside the can, releases everything inside her. The duration of her bilge-flushing was impressive for @ 5'4" female.

But wait - there's more.

Shore Patrol report Sunday morning, she and a female shipmate were arrested at a local motel for prostitution.

Answer: one year in the Charleston Brig, IIRC.​

Last edited:

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
Several of us sneaked-in to a concert at the County "Expo" center back before I had a hair on my chin. I was impressed by what I saw. At least it was SUPPOSED TO BE a concert. I didn't see no musicians. Just a bunch of hairy freaks mostly having a free-for-all. The locals had taken BYOB to a high level. Literally brought their own kegs! Several of them in fact.

Before I seen it, I'd heard some reference about "holding someone's head" when they puked. Whenever I'd hear it, I always thought that sounded very odd. Who would do that? Well, I'm in the sneak-concert and sure as shit, there's a guy sitting on a keg. Another guy literally holding keg-guy's head while keg-guy puked. I remember thinking, "Damn,... people really do that." Still don't know why.

Pretty sure we didn't get any drinks from the keg. All I remember was we had some shitty homegrown. THC content was probably right on par with ditch-hemp.

Mebsuta

Khemi, Stygia
Contributor
FALaholic #
I was more of a Black Sabbath Brat than Kiss Army.

Before I was old enough to drive, I asked if I could go to Black Sabbath. My Dad was skeptical and my Mom was like "No and if you keep asking you're gonna wish you were dead."

I saw Black Sabbath later. It was fun, but I thought, "This is the last one. I am done."

If I get to do it again, I'll be into disco, not smoke or drink anything ever, and I'll like whichever gurl is talking to me at the moment and treat her like a queen. :)

Last edited:

Story

FALaholic #
Before I seen it, I'd heard some reference about "holding someone's head" when they puked. Whenever I'd hear it, I always thought that sounded very odd. Who would do that? Well, I'm in the sneak-concert and sure as shit, there's a guy sitting on a keg. Another guy literally holding keg-guy's head while keg-guy puked. I remember thinking, "Damn,... people really do that." Still don't know why.
If they were a bunch of long haired hippies, same reason you hold a chick's head when she's puking - keep her hair from getting a vomit shampoo.

Also helps to have the incapacitated sip cool water in between pukes - cuts the burn of the upcoming bile.

davedude

FALaholic #
Sure did suck after the Columbian Redbud quit coming in.
We had a directive from Mando about keggers ------- "This is the way". Pretty damn serious, 22 kegs was the biggest I remember. Nagshead was the place of choice for us Virginia Beach longhairs and the jocks all came out too. Took the cops awhile to find it and break it up. I can remember once waking up face down in the sand, mouth wide open.

davedude

FALaholic #
All Hands Club @ Naval Base [Redacted] almost 20 years ago; Friday night, some female (turns out USN E4 from visiting Destroyer) sits on club seawall about 10' from our table, drops trou and proceeds to start adding to the bay water. "Yo Yo Yo Yo".

She ceases and desists, only to show up again about 20 minutes later at the 50 gal drum trash can, where she bends over and with head/shoulders inside the can, releases everything inside her. The duration of her bilge-flushing was impressive for @ 5'4" female.

But wait - there's more.

Shore Patrol report Sunday morning, she and a female shipmate were arrested at a local motel for prostitution.

Answer: one year in the Charleston Brig, IIRC.​
That is some funny shit right there LOL. Note to self-- keep an eye out for women sailors.