• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Let's buy a Garand from the CMP

def90

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
The Peoples' Republic of Boulder, Colorado
Right now the CMP website says they are sold out of most of their garands. I think they only have "Expert Grade" and "Rack Grade" left. I was hoping to order a Service grate this winter. But it looks like that's not gonna happen. Hopefully they are just backed up and not actually sold out.
They are just backed up and not releasing any new rifles until they are reasonably caught up. I'm sure every Garand reseller put in their max orders in the last year under their multiple accounts. Free money for them.

easttex

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
FYI I just got a CMP Garand (love it). But delivery time was a lot longer than 7 weeks these days. I ordered in mid-May, gun shipped in early-October. So call it about 20 weeks before it was on the doorstep.
Mine showed up today as well! I'm going to give a better report its condition and the timeline in a day or so once I've had time to review it all.

easttex

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
What'd you get?

Eli
Springfield Armory Service grade

$750 delivered. I originally ordered a Field Grade for $650 but was contacted last week with an offer to upgrade my order for $100 to get it out the door, since mine had been on order since June.

Serial # 5,336,XXX - which makes this a 1954-1955 production rifle
Hanging tag advises:
  • Muzzle Reading: 1+
  • Throat Reading: 2
  • Rifle Grade: RM1 Service

Ordered: June 7th, 2021
Processed: October 26th, 2021
Billed: November 4th, 2021
Shipped: November 8th, 2021
Total time: 22 weeks

I'm pretty stoked about the whole affair. I may even try my hand at shooting competitively with it soon. Until then I have lots of research to do.

20211110_184212.jpg 20211110_184115.jpg

Last edited:

ftierson

FALaholic #
Springfield Armory Service grade

$750 delivered. I originally ordered a Field Grade for $650 but was contacted last week with an offer to upgrade my order for $100 to get it out the door, since mine had been on order since June.

Serial # 5,336,XXX - which makes this a 1954-1955 production rifle
Hanging tag advises:
  • Muzzle Reading: 1+
  • Throat Reading: 2
  • Rifle Grade: RM1 Service

Ordered: June 7th, 2021
Processed: October 26th, 2021
Billed: November 4th, 2021
Shipped: November 8th, 2021
Total time: 22 weeks

I'm pretty stoked about the whole affair. I may even try my hand at shooting competitively with it soon. Until then I have lots of research to do.

View attachment 159925 View attachment 159926
Very nice rifle...

Enjoy...

Forrest

Story

FALaholic #

AliYahu

FALaholic #
Only thing available from the CMP right now are:
Expert Grade M1 Garand

ITEM #DESCRIPTIONPRICE
RM1EXPERT

(SERVICE W/ NEW BARREL & NEW STOCK)

EXPERT .30-06 GRADE RIFLES
will feature a NEW, Commercial-Production Stock Set and a NEW Commercial-Production barrel chambered for .30-06 Springfield. Bore condition will be “as new”, and barrels will gauge “as new”.
The balance of parts on EXPERT Grade Rifles will match all service grade criteria, showing less wear and a better cosmetic appearance than a Field or Rack Grade. Cosmetic condition will be good to very good. Rifle finish may vary, exhibiting normal wear and/or color variation among the metal parts. May have some visible pitting, frosting, or other minor cosmetic deformity on the metal parts. (SEE RM1EXPERT DESCRIPTION ABOVE)

Available
$1000
Free S/H

6-8 WEEK DELIVERY
RM1308EXPERT

EXPERT308 GRADE RIFLES
will feature a NEW, Commercial-Production Stock Set and a NEW Commercial-Production barrel chambered for .308 Winchester. Bore condition will be “as new”, and barrels will gauge “as new”.
The balance of parts on EXPERT Grade Rifles will match all service grade criteria, showing less wear and a better cosmetic appearance than a Field or Rack Grade. Cosmetic condition will be good to very good. Rifle finish may vary, exhibiting normal wear and/or color variation among the metal parts. May have some visible pitting, frosting, or other minor cosmetic deformity on the metal parts. (SEE RM1EXPERT DESCRIPTION ABOVE)

Available
$1000
Free S/H

6-8 WEEK DELIVERY

~and~

Special Grade M1 Garand

ITEM #
DESCRIPTION
PRICE
RM1SPECIALRACKCMP Special Rack Grade (.30-06) M1 Garand. This is a partially refurbished rifle with a refinished M1 receiver, new production criterion barrel, new production American Walnut stock and handguards, and new web sling. Receiver is the only part of the rifle that has been refinished. Remainder of the other parts have NOT been refinished.
Receiver will have heavy pitting above the wood line.

Available
$750
Free S/H

14-16 Week Delivery
Confirmation of order could take up to 8-12weeks

CTW

Contributor
FALaholic #
Only thing available from the CMP right now are:
Expert Grade M1 Garand

ITEM #DESCRIPTIONPRICE
RM1EXPERT

EXPERT .30-06 GRADE RIFLES
will feature a NEW, Commercial-Production Stock Set and a NEW Commercial-Production barrel chambered for .30-06 Springfield. Bore condition will be “as new”, and barrels will gauge “as new”.

Available
$1000
Free S/H

6-8 WEEK DELIVERY
RM1308EXPERT

EXPERT308 GRADE RIFLES
will feature a NEW, Commercial-Production Stock Set and a NEW Commercial-Production barrel chambered for .308 Winchester. Bore condition will be “as new”, and barrels will gauge “as new”.

Available
$1000
Free S/H

6-8 WEEK DELIVERY

~and~

Special Grade M1 Garand

ITEM #
DESCRIPTION
PRICE
RM1SPECIALRACKCMP Special Rack Grade (.30-06) M1 Garand. This is a partially refurbished rifle with a refinished M1 receiver, new production criterion barrel, new production American Walnut stock and handguards, and new web sling. Receiver is the only part of the rifle that has been refinished. Remainder of the other parts have NOT been refinished.
Receiver will have heavy pitting above the wood line.

Available
$750
Free S/H

14-16 Week Delivery
Confirmation of order could take up to 8-12weeks
Those special grades are bargains. They have new criterion barrels 👍🏻.
If they have any tomorrow at Talladega marksmanship Park for the start of the Talladega 600 I’m gonna buy one..👍🏻

def90

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
The Peoples' Republic of Boulder, Colorado
They have this listed right on their site..

“Our rifle inventory is limited at this time due to our log of backorders and the 7 week CMP shutdown due to COVID-19. Our stores were stocked before we left for quarantine and we did not pull the stock back because it would slow all processes. We hope to open up rifle types again once we have restocked our inventory and processed the majority of our backorders.”

CTW

Contributor
FALaholic #
I ordered an expert grade .308 and it shipped to my FFL within a month of me submitting the papers.
308 expert are shipping out a lot faster than the original service grades and such. I had a mail in order since August and I called and switched it over to a 308 expert and I had my rifle within 3 weeks.