• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

L1A1 stock makers

MACV

FALaholic #
Yellowhands, Flypaper, Ironwood. Do any of you guys initial or mark your stocks. If so where. I’d like to know who made mine. I bought mine off a FAL Filer several years ago and never ask who made them. A0D587FD-640E-45BD-8CD3-82837986E6D8.jpeg

Last edited:

4markk

Military Observer
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
From your picture, your handguards look like Ironwood.

Ironwood used to mark at either end of the stock (Front or Back). Depending when it was made. If you don't see a mark at the back, check the front.

I used to buy Matt's (Ironwood) less than perfect stocks off his "woodpile". They usually were not marked at all.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I kinda remember the pistol grip, having that heavy thick grain running down the middle, is it just off center on the other side???
May have done the finish work on it, but nope to making them.

Lovely set of wood!!!