• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

L1A1 Parts Kit

havanajim

FALaholic #
Greetings all. I've lurked here for a while but I've never posted. I'm an unapologetic fan of the FAL, and this site has been a wealth of knowledge. I need to pick at that knowledge for the following: I've recently stumbled upon the kit in the pics below. The fine folks at DSA confirmed it as being the front end of and inch-pattern rifle. I contemplated doing something with it, but as I already have an L1A1, I want the next project to be a para version. Given that, what's a fair price for this grouping of components? I see all sorts of price ranges out there, but I have no interest in ripping anybody off nor having it sit here indefinitely. I'd rather sell it for a fair price and begin work on the next project. All opinions welcomed.

image001.jpg

image007.jpg image006.jpg image005.jpg image004.jpg image003.jpg

Attachments:

CeltofMissouri

Mug Rooster
FALaholic #
I've only put a couple kits together thus far. If it were me and those were my parts: Seeing as how you stated you already have an L1A1 rifle, I'd keep what you have on display for extra parts. Because parts are not being offered for sale the way they once were. If a part wears out on your rifle you might have a replacement or at least parts to barter for what you might need.

enbloc8

FALaholic #
Are there any proofs on the barrel? Brits always have proof marks all over them.
British gas blocks too, NATO stock number and maker/year code on the left side..

Australian barrels are identifiable by a 1-3 letter batch code and crown-over-rifles proof mark, both at the chamber end.

Canadian barrels might be marked with an electropencil mark that looks like a triangle (it's a stylized maple leaf), but they're unobtainium.

Airforce1

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
British gas blocks too, NATO stock number and maker/year code on the left side..

Australian barrels are identifiable by a 1-3 letter batch code and crown-over-rifles proof mark, both at the chamber end.

Canadian barrels might be marked with an electropencil mark that looks like a triangle (it's a stylized maple leaf), but they're unobtainium.
Please see proof mark on my Canadian FN C2 barrel wit an arrow/maple leaf combined with a P under .

DSCN5654.JPG

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I would buy a good British barrel, sold a NOS never installed with gas system cheap not realizing had a box with every other part necessary to do another British L1. More I organize since breaking my foot more I keep finding and realized never made it to inventory lists.

havanajim

FALaholic #

Appreciate everyone's input on this kit. Looks like it's an Australian barrel based on your info above. Thanks again, folks!!

20220710_132431.jpg

20220710_132455.jpg