• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Just cut down my first glock

Nomad 2nd

FALaholic #
I grew up shooting 1911's.
When i was looking at taking a job where they would give me a glock i had a similar gripe i was advised to shoot it more.

It worked

I just did this to make it fit a pocket better.

Thats why i did a non railed X first though.
If i messed it up id cry less.
Glad i did, gonna make the tail longer next.

...you could just buy a sactificial frame for ~$100

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
The Bible says cutting your Glock is a sacrifice to the deity.

Which makes you wonder.

The top banana rounds up all the dudes for “an important meeting.” Then he announces, “We’re all gonna cut the ends of our dicks off!”

Man,… I’d be looking for Grape Kool-Aid wrappers.

What do you do with the leftover piece?

ByronF

FALaholic #
The Bible says cutting your Glock is a sacrifice to the deity.

Which makes you wonder.

The top banana rounds up all the dudes for “an important meeting.” Then he announces, “We’re all gonna cut the ends of our dicks off!”

Man,… I’d be looking for Grape Kool-Aid wrappers.

What do you do with the leftover piece?
Make them into jewelry?

Badump-crash

cruzie27

FALaholic #
Never felt the need before.

Fit the shield arms 10 round mags (43x the size of a 43, but it uses the 15 and 20 round reloads)

I approve.
It took me longer than it should have for my brain to figure out what you did. Bet that would help with pocket carry. Not sure I’d do it to my 43X as it is perfect for my hand now. Any smaller and I do not think I would care for it.

Nomad 2nd

FALaholic #
It took me longer than it should have for my brain to figure out what you did. Bet that would help with pocket carry. Not sure I’d do it to my 43X as it is perfect for my hand now. Any smaller and I do not think I would care for it.
Its a slimframe G26 now. (With 10, 15, and 20 round mags)

I wear Duloth firehose pants most days, and the X fits them, but only just.

The occasional need for dress pants etc.
I no longer need a J frame or Sig 365 For those occasions.

And its not my only X.
(48 with dot and light AIWB)

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I've never heard about this, honest injun. Gonna have to give it some thought but yeah, that's a helluva nice looking job and fixes the one problem Glocks have.
Plus 1!!!

With the 59.00 after market frames, why not just buy one of those, a small one, they come in all sizes, and save the original to put the piece back in original condition later if to sell it, trade it, whatever.

A small new Glock factory frame is really not that expensive either.

I'm sending one back to glock, to re blue the slide, cost, is 50.00 and they will go through the whole pistol and check everything and replace anything worn, I believe for free, under their warranty program.

Great work on the modification, but why????

ByronF

FALaholic #
Plus 1!!!

With the 59.00 after market frames, why not just buy one of those, a small one, they come in all sizes, and save the original to put the piece back in original condition later if to sell it, trade it, whatever.

A small new Glock factory frame is really not that expensive either.

I'm sending one back to glock, to re blue the slide, cost, is 50.00 and they will go through the whole pistol and check everything and replace anything worn, I believe for free, under their warranty program.

Great work on the modification, but why????
1. I had it.
2. Don't care about collectiblilty.

TerryN

FALaholic #
I haven't had good luck with the Shield Arms mags, in two different Glocks - a 48 and a 43X MOS. With either gun, the mags are prone to fall out on the ground. Not confidence inspiring. The PSA Micro Dagger mags have worked much better, although I need to put more rounds through them. I will only use the SA mags on the range.

gunplumber

Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
I invented that process back in the early 90s for an undercover narcotics operative (Southnarc ), who is now rather famous in his own right. (Shivworks) But he was my Ranger-buddy when he wasn't old enough to drink . . .

Never understood this whole long grip short slide thing. The concealment issue is with the grip.

But his buddy Tracy Ertle sent me a bunch of Glocks and told me to play, and not worry about screwing things up. Because in those days, screwing up meant not making mortgage. Man was I poor. So I practiced on his guns, and Tracy and Craig would field test and give feedback.

So I explored shortening a 17 to a 19, and a 19 to a 26.

And that's how I developed the trigger guard undercut, the underside bevels (transferred from my 1911 work) and eventually sinking a retainment lanyard mount into a slimlined frame.

Now there are so many models I can't keep track. All mine are still 1st and second gen 17s with a couple of gen 3 19s. (hate the Gen4)
It's amazing what people are doing now, running with the ideas I had and concepts I developed 30 years ago.

Nomad 2nd

FALaholic #
I haven't had good luck with the Shield Arms mags, in two different Glocks - a 48 and a 43X MOS. With either gun, the mags are prone to fall out on the ground. Not confidence inspiring. The PSA Micro Dagger mags have worked much better, although I need to put more rounds through them. I will only use the SA mags on the range.
I have run Over 40 Shield arms mags.
Gen 1 & 2.

1. Was reliably unreliable out the box (bag)
rather than return it I saved it as a training mag.
1. Has jammed 2x after being beat around in matches and my range bag without cleaning for 8+ months (I mark the followers if they jam) Haven't bothered to clean it yet.

All the rest of the 40+ (40 new, several gotten used) have been 100%.

Over a dozen 48 and 43x's.
Thousands of rounds.

I'm Not disputing other people's experiences, but those are mine.

No falling issues.

I use shield arms mag releases.
(Do you?)

On a couple guns this DOES create a "sticking" problem with OEM mags, so I give them away.

Nomad 2nd

FALaholic #
I invented that process back in the early 90s for an undercover narcotics operative (Southnarc ), who is now rather famous in his own right. (Shivworks) But he was my Ranger-buddy when he wasn't old enough to drink . . .

Never understood this whole long grip short slide thing. The concealment issue is with the grip.

But his buddy Tracy Ertle sent me a bunch of Glocks and told me to play, and not worry about screwing things up. Because in those days, screwing up meant not making mortgage. Man was I poor. So I practiced on his guns, and Tracy and Craig would field test and give feedback.

So I explored shortening a 17 to a 19, and a 19 to a 26.

And that's how I developed the trigger guard undercut, the underside bevels (transferred from my 1911 work) and eventually sinking a retainment lanyard mount into a slimlined frame.

Now there are so many models I can't keep track. All mine are still 1st and second gen 17s with a couple of gen 3 19s. (hate the Gen4)
It's amazing what people are doing now, running with the ideas I had and concepts I developed 30 years ago.
I pretty much hate all of that, and I REALLY HATE the pointless trigger guard undercut.
Automatic disqualifyer. I passed on a cheap 19 last weekend cause it had this done.

Like I said: this is the first time I've seen a point to choping a Glock. (specifically for pocket carry and mag compatability.)

The 1911 officers model predates 'your' mods a bit as do a few others such as the Fitz special so I wouldn't claim too much credit for "originating" cutting down a grip.

ByronF

FALaholic #
I pretty much hate all of that, and I REALLY HATE the pointless trigger guard undercut.
Automatic disqualifyer. I passed on a cheap 19 last weekend cause it had this done.

Like I said: this is the first time I've seen a point to choping a Glock. (specifically for pocket carry and mag compatability.)

The 1911 officers model predates 'your' mods a bit as do a few others such as the Fitz special so I wouldn't claim too much credit for "originating" cutting down a grip.
There is a purpose for the undercut, especially a G19 sized grip. You'll know it when you feel it. It's especially valued if one leaves the finger humps. G19 isn't shorter by removing space for your pinky, which would make sense. Instead, they make the finger groove for your middle finger much shorter, which makes zero sense.

Because I removed the finger humps that isn't an issue, but the radius does eliminate a sore knuckle, allows a higher grip, and gets all of my pinky on the gun.

TerryN

FALaholic #
No falling issues.

I use shield arms mag releases.
(Do you?)
Actually, yes I did. I had their steel mag catch in both guns, then I ordered their 'premium' mag catch, and then I said 'why am I wasting my money chasing a product that obviously doesn't work in the guns that I own?' Got some Gen 2 mags (one with a +5 extension) and various mag catches that I'd make you a deal on if you're interested.

Nomad 2nd

FALaholic #
Actually, yes I did. I had their steel mag catch in both guns, then I ordered their 'premium' mag catch, and then I said 'why am I wasting my money chasing a product that obviously doesn't work in the guns that I own?' Got some Gen 2 mags (one with a +5 extension) and various mag catches that I'd make you a deal on if you're interested.
Think I have "enough", but I'm always interested in a deal.
Send me a PM.