• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Just Bought a Surplus Hi Power

harleyrider

Where’d I set my drink?
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
This 2-volume 3rd edition of FN Browning Pistols that Tony Vanderlinden just published this summer has a lot of info on HPs, especially on older military contract models. Over 800 pages total. Lots of photos.

1669237316800.jpeg
Here’s his website: https://www.fnbrowning.com/books

Blake Stevens also put out a reference book years ago from Collector Grade Publications.I have the last edition that was released, but it’s somewhere in my house and I can’t find it.. I’ll post it up when I do..

HR

Last edited:

EX1

FALaholic #
This 2-volume 3rd edition of FN Browning Pistols that Tony Vanderlinden just published this summer has a lot of info on HPs, especially on older military contract models. Over 800 pages total. Lots of photos.

View attachment 247093

Blake Stevens also put out a reference book years ago from Collector Grade Publications.I have the last edition that was released, but it’s somewhere in my house and I can’t find it.. I’ll post it up when I do..

HR
I have the new 2 vol on the way now.Looking forward to all the new info.EX1

Artigas

FALaholic #
I really got a lot of enjoyment out of Mr. Camp’s writing while I was a wee lad, and he was certainly a big influence behind my love affair with the P-35.

Artigas

FALaholic #
I also watched “The Usual Suspects” again the other day and noticed that the Hi-Power seems to be the handgun of choice in that film, carried and used by most of the criminals.

MIRONWORKER

FALaholic #
My HiPower is by far my best shooting handgun I have even with the shitty trigger. Single ragged holes, perfect balance and natural point of aim.

I've gotten a lot of comments at the range and at trainings about the "old" HiPower but everyone that shoots it walks away with a look on their face of a person that has just realized that they've spent their lives living a lie.

$700 now.. I guess, they aren't making any more of them and they were what, something like $550 5 or 6 years ago so not a huge cost increase compared to some other firearms out there. Who has them for sale?

View attachment 245287
THAT IS VERY NICE HP,THE PRICE IS FAIR FOR WHAT U HAVE