• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Jungle Carbine

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Nice. I'd like to have one of those bayos to go with my own. I hear they are pretty popular, though, and hence expensive.
I just picked up a new repro sling for mine today, taking off the L1A1 sling. I still have a canvas action cover for the type. A proper bayo and maybe some mag pouches would finish the look for pictures.

BiGB808

FALaholic #
I enjoy my 2a1 jungle cut Ishafield Gibbs special. Especially using those 70's era poonjab poppers that were cheap 10 years+ ago. Ahhhh curry

G

Sgt_Gold

FALaholic #
I've got one. Total post war rifle with matching numbers except for the magazine. It wasn't used much, if not at all because the butt pad is still flexible with no chips or other damage.

Last edited:

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I've got one. Total post war rifle with matching numbers except for the magazine. It wasn't used mych, if not at all because the butt pad is still flexible with no chips or other damage.
Sounds similar to mine but after some thought and looking around I believe my rifle's butt plate has been replaced by an after market piece. It's simply too nice, nicer than the screws that hold it on. And my magazine number matches.

Last edited:

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
How much do these go for now? They were always more expensive than the rifles, but my time reference is at least 15 years ago.
I haven't seen anything decent for $800 or less. Ever. I'd plan to spend at least that or more for a decent one and even then look over the parts to be sure they are correct. Some people converted No 4's to 5's or swapped out parts. Correct, not necessarily matching number rifles, bring a premium.

Venom6

FALaholic #
I enjoy my 2a1 jungle cut Ishafield Gibbs special. Especially using those 70's era poonjab poppers that were cheap 10 years+ ago. Ahhhh curry

G
right? Quality is better than one might expect. Plus, they're .308 instead of .303, so if I lose a piece or two of brass I don't have to call out Search & Rescue to find it. Plus the mag holds 12 rounds instead of 10. Only thing is, the No.5 (nee No.4) sights are a lot easier to see and use than the Ishapore (nee No.1). Great truck gun, but then so are my twenty other truck guns.

Bwana John

FALaholic #
Anybody have any ideas about where to acquire just the bayonet scabbard and frog for the Jungle Carbine?

I need the scabbard and frog for a Pakistani G-3 bayonet, the Pakistani blade and scabbard are copies of the Jungle Carbine.

brownknees

FALaholic #
Scabbard & frog are the same ones as used for the No4 Mk1 rifle with either with the No9 Mk1, or the No7L. Early WW2 frog would be khaki "Pat 37", Later (malaya Etc) would be Green "Pat 58"
Bayonets.JPG

Last edited: