• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Israeli Light Barrel Kit from Sarco Arrived

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
The first husband of the gal who introduced me to my wife had to be rescued when he got a vibrator that he'd tied to a doorknob stuck in his butt.

This was before cell phones. It would have been too convenient for him to be close to the landline when this incident transpired. So I'm *pretty sure* his wife came home and found him in distress, and had to call the rescue.

Her second husband was even weirder.

raubvogel

Contributor
FALaholic #
The first husband of the gal who introduced me to my wife had to be rescued when he got a vibrator that he'd tied to a doorknob stuck in his butt.

This was before cell phones. It would have been too convenient for him to be close to the landline when this incident transpired. So I'm *pretty sure* his wife came home and found him in distress, and had to call the rescue.

Her second husband was even weirder.
Did the doorknob survive unscathed or was traumatized?

BuddyChryst

FALaholic #
Your kit looks better than what I got. Handguards on mine are clearly mismatched. Wood different colors, metal finish wear different. Stock is super dark. Pistol grip has nicks and chunks that I’ll generously say give it a nice texture.
It ought to be functional, but it won’t be a looker, not without significant work/investment that I’m simply not interested in.
I knew going in that I’m late to the game and gonna get leftovers. Was just hoping they’d be a bit better.

ByronF

FALaholic #
Your kit looks better than what I got. Handguards on mine are clearly mismatched. Wood different colors, metal finish wear different. Stock is super dark. Pistol grip has nicks and chunks that I’ll generously say give it a nice texture.
It ought to be functional, but it won’t be a looker, not without significant work/investment that I’m simply not interested in.
I knew going in that I’m late to the game and gonna get leftovers. Was just hoping they’d be a bit better.
No pics, and I already love your kit. Send your wood bits to Yellowhand and turn him loose.

Were Israeli kits parked or blued? I've been doing some bluing with Laurel Mountain product. If I was in an FAL mood I'd glass bead a kit then blue it myself. Glass gives a smoother texture than what is typically desired for park, but would be the tits for slow rust bluing. And it's a real bluing that is durable, unlike cold blue.

BuddyChryst

FALaholic #
No pics, and I already love your kit. Send your wood bits to Yellowhand and turn him loose.

Were Israeli kits parked or blued? I've been doing some bluing with Laurel Mountain product. If I was in an FAL mood I'd glass bead a kit then blue it myself. Glass gives a smoother texture than what is typically desired for park, but would be the tits for slow rust bluing. And it's a real bluing that is durable, unlike cold blue.
Shitty pic, before I did some mineral spirits scrubbing.

Attachments:

Kansasbobcat

Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Got Israeli kit from SARCO yesterday. It is complete and better shape than I thought it would be. ( Had worse Imbel kits years ago but they only cost about $125.00) Trying decide what barrel to use. I have a G1 that is in about the same condition as the kit. I am not looking forward to changing the gas block on the G1 so may just leave it original. I have STG barrel also that I could use. Other option is DSA Israeli barrel. Just looking for advice from the members. Thanks

Armsdad

FALaholic #
If you care if it has the lug or not in the correct location is what matters. If you use stg or g1 barrel with their gas block you need to swap the rear sight on the israeli lower to ths g1 or stg sight so they are same height. Dsa or argy with lug will look the part. The others not so much. but will work. Israeli dont have the bipod cut either. So mainly up to you and how close you want it cloned.