• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Israeli FAL kits..

def90

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
The Peoples' Republic of Boulder, Colorado
More coming in.. supposedly barrels as well, not sure what they mean by that.. DSA barrels or surplus?.

Ad:

"THATS RIGHT !!!! WE HAVE SECURED THE DEAL ON HUNDREDS OF UNITS. THESE WILL BE DEMILLED WHILE PAYING ATTENTION TO PRESERVING ROLL MARKS. BARRELS ARE ALREADY AT OUR WAREHOUSE WHICH SHOULD MAKE FOR A MUST HAVE IN 2024! THE RECEIVERS ARE TYPE 2 & SHOULD BE PERFECT FOR US."

bigd1979

FALaholic #
Apparently they have og barrels that will b available with the kits. The kits are a mix of heavy and light and they have just under 1000 kits . Also they said the receivers were carefully demilled to preserve markings and all pieces will be included....said they cld be rewelded but I don't think that's possible /safe with the fal? The price mentioned for everything including barrel will be under 1k per kit

Armsdad

FALaholic #
It would have to be cut per their guidelines. Look at apex demilled fal recvrs. Not really do-able or safe..... I shoulda put not easily done, and unsafe. It would be skeery 4 sure.

def90

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
The Peoples' Republic of Boulder, Colorado
I got an OG Galil barrel along with a Galil kit from Bowman, the barrel was a sewer pipe at best so I don't have a ton of confidence in OG Israeli barrels.

The Galil receiver was demilled very nicely and should be easy to do a reweld on. Don't think I would try that with an FAL though unless I was doing a caliber conversion or something.

adam6955

FALaholic #
I got an OG Galil barrel along with a Galil kit from Bowman, the barrel was a sewer pipe at best so I don't have a ton of confidence in OG Israeli barrels.

The Galil receiver was demilled very nicely and should be easy to do a reweld on. Don't think I would try that with an FAL though unless I was doing a caliber conversion or something.
Those Bowman galil barrel were freebees with kit purchases. They communicated that very clearly.