• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

image hosting - what woudl you want?

fnogger

FALaholic #
OK so photobucket has gone insane on pricing if you want to post images on forums, etc.

I run my own servers, so no issue for me.... but I smell an opportunity to increase my monthly gun budget...

So...

Would you be willing to pay....

$10-$15/year for basic upload and link/insert images and other media file types?

$50 set up for your own VPS ($60/year from Linode.com) with a domain name and a SSL certificate, email, etc??

Or do you want a no cost service where you have to supply your email and images are only kept for a short period (2-7 days) ?

Invictus77

1C16:13
Staff member
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Would you be willing to pay....

$10-$15/year for basic upload and link/insert images and other media file types?
PB has not yet gone tits up on me (yet), but I paid the annual fee of $15-ish or so several months ago. Well worth that.

No idea what will happen when my "subscription" runs out....

meltblown

Social Influencer for the Feds
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Why can't we just post pics to the forum. This is the 21st century.
You can. It takes a little doing but not that much.

Put this on your download < i m g s r c= >

There are no spaces between the characters. If i type them together they don't show up because it's a command line. After = paste the download location that shows from the files then the >

I think Gary showed it to me.

fnogger

FALaholic #
You can. It takes a little doing but not that much.

Put this on your download < i m g s r c= >

There are no spaces between the characters. If i type them together they don't show up because it's a command line. After = paste the download location that shows from the files then the >

I think Gary showed it to me.
He's actually asking about being able to post an image and upload it as part of the message.

The issue with that is storage and bandwidth and then the liability if people post stuff that is copyright violation, or "inappropriate/illegal content". And then Jen is on the hook.

Still trying to figure out if I want to offer a hosting service, or offer a service to configure a VPS with your own domain name, etc....